** DCS-F14 PRE-ORDER NOW AVAILABLE! Gameplay Reveal Video Update **

Cobra847

browse through the product catalog page and if you have bonus points youll see how much each product can be discounted.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And is there a date for early access now? Can't wait to try it... But I wont buy it until there is access to it so far.

Running on:

i7-6700k @4.5GHz, 32GB DDR4-3200 TridentZ, EVGA 1080 FTW2, Asus Maximus Hero VIII, Asus PG279Q, HTC-Vive, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, T.Flight Rudder Pedals, Roccat Ryos MK Glow, Roccat Kone XTD

or

Gigabyte P55V6 Notebook, i7-6700HQ, GTX1060-6GB, 16GB Ram

AFAIK the bonus system doesn't apply to MOST early access products. So the answer is probably no, it won't. You will have to wait quite a while before you will be able to use the bonus system for this module.

(Please correct me if Im wrong)

This is indeed incorrect. You only can't use your bonus points on top of an existing discount. When a module is at full price, you can use your bonus point, regardless if its Early Access or not.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

most likely it will be out for ob first

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Ok so what can I buy right now with my $26 bonus bucks?
Campaigns and older modules that are out of early access and not on a discount.

Keep in mind it is a bonus, an incentive for people who are reluctant on buying certain modules or campaigns to try it and get them at a discount.

For those of us, who usually go early access, it rarely is of use, though I used mine to stock up on quite a handful of campaigns. ;)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I don't want to create a thread just for this, but will the default Tomcat skins (or really, and additional skins) be able to use the dynamic numbering system that most other aircraft use?

Specifically, can we modify the modex on the jets as needed, from the loadout screen?

Better prepare for the worst.

The reveal Trailer shows one skin only with the same Modex on every Tomcat and I think the Airshow flyby had the same skin as well.

I really don´t expect more than 2 skins upon release with more promised for later ...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't want to create a thread just for this, but will the default Tomcat skins (or really, and additional skins) be able to use the dynamic numbering system that most other aircraft use?

Specifically, can we modify the modex on the jets as needed, from the loadout screen?

I can't imagine a single reason we can't expect modex to be modifiable. They announced it would be nearly feature complete, and this seems like a really minor feature to not have available. The real question is how many skins we'll have on release, and when we get that sweet template.

i7 4790k @ 4.4, 32GB RAM, RX480 GTR

I fly it all.

Well after holding off for awhile, I have succumbed...

I was impressed with the quality of the module and blown away by the trailer; the detail on the bird is mighty impressive, yet I was resisting because I do not really do blue water ops and already had the hornet for carrier stuff, although I spend all my time taking off from concrete.

Still, I was impressed with the quality of the bird....

and I held off.

Yet I wanted the Tomcat, but had the Hornet and do not do carrier ops.

and I held off.

And I was mightily impressed by the way Heatblur conduct themselves with regard to their transparent communications and regular updates. A breath of fresh air.

Time to slide my backside carefully off the fence... Tomcat preordered. Guys like this deserve supporting.

It still won't see much carrier /salt water work though, so maybe HB could hold off by a coat or two of the internal zinc chromate anti corrosion coating on mine and save me a little weight?

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

it's been one month since pre sell was launched. we need more tease :)

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I suppose Heatblur had to put there something even if they eventually release it earlier than that, but on Steam the date has been set as 15.2.2019.

Very interesting. Steam releases usually come quite a bit later than early access releases so I take that date as a good sign. Though it's probably a placeholder and subject to change :thumbup:

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I suppose Heatblur had to put there something even if they eventually release it earlier than that, but on Steam the date has been set as 15.2.2019.

They changed it. It just says "Winter 2019" now.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

To quote myself from the DCS F-14 discord:

Well, the community lost its collective shit just at the the thought of waiting three months. Cause curse Heatblur if it isn't released on the fan date of December 21.

I don't get it. How often has Steam had a concurrent DCS early access release of a module? I don't own any Steam DCS modules, all of mine have been purchased through the ED store but I would wager a guess that the answer is never.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Some of you lot need to start looking at Hoggit:

WE HAVE NOT SET A RELEASE DATE

Any product sold on Steam must have a date set, hence we do not have the option of writing in an ambiguous "Winter 2018/2019". You will have an amazing, full Tomcat experience starting this Winter. We'll let you know where we stand at the end of this month. :)

Just turned out Cobra was mistaken with the date requirement, and has now managed to change it to Winter 2019.