Show me your dogfighting skills....

NineLine

I had a great dogfight got both 190 (AI LOL) and then landed (just, i mean just as well :D ) on my first attempt!

I saved the track however when I watch it back it is jerk, is that because I saved a Rift video? :(

In fact the whole video is out of sync, is not compatible with tracks currently VR?

Edited by Krupi

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

I had a great dogfight got both 190 (AI LOL) and then landed (just, i mean just as well :D ) on my first attempt!

I saved the track however when I watch it back it is jerk, is that because I saved a Rift video? :(

In fact the whole video is out of sync, is not compatible with tracks currently VR?

Nah, same thing happens in non-rift rendering modes. Spit just seems to be one of these modules, which don't record tracks correctly, at least for now.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Here's a short cinematic type video of the quick mission vs AI dogfight. Won handily but my wingman bought the dust. I'm LOVING the spitty so far. Great fun to fight with, and I got the hang of landing/takeoff fairly quickly. Still end up in the grass on landing sometimes but it's not that bad.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS:WWII 1944 BACKER --- Fw. 190D-9 --- Bf. 109K-4 --- P-51D --- Spitfire!

Specs: Intel i7-3770 @3.9 Ghz - NVidia GTX 960 - 8GB RAM - OCz Vertex 240GB SSD - Toshiba 1TB HDD - Corsair CX 600M Power Supply - MSI B75MA-P45 MoBo - Defender Cobra M5

I like the Spit, but I need to improve my landing skills :D

I just dont want to sound too clever, but I think the landing was great all the way.. I mean I was saying to my self how this can go extreme.. but then in the last last part of your landing you didnt have enough patience ;)

In the flare you started to pull the stick too much so in the end it was one point landing - tail wheel first :)

Next time just little bit more patience, not to pull too much and it will be nice three point landing :thumbup:

First few kills in the Spitfire on Burning Skies yesterday. And a few clips of the Spit getting killed.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Hey DefaultFace, how are you that good? I cannot see anything flying around, and when I'm in a fight I just get trounced most times. I can manage the F5 and Mig21 okay (Mostly F5) but when it comes to warbirds, there is simply no smoke/afterburner to spot.

I also find myself not holding energy like that, I just wind up flopping into a turn fight, ending up slow, and then dying horribly. And much like your Signature, it's not wrong at all.

Well step 1 is to cut all the parts out of the video where you crash into the ground, miss your target completely, get shot down and or do anything else stupid. Makes one look very good :music_whistling:

In all honesty I'm not that good, there are others that I fly with who are much better. I have a fair bit of practice at this point though and flying with good pilots/wingmen really helps ease the learning curve. Holding energy comes down to clean and disciplined flying. Try to stay calm in a fight and know that you cant outturn a spit at 300 km/h no matter how hard you pull. Go back up and try again. In the 109 getting a feel for the rudder and flying coordinated makes a big difference as well. All in all practice is essentially the best tip I have to offer. And find a good mentor/squadron of people to fly with.

Other than that make sure you have the labels turned on in Burning skies. =BS= eekz did a good job getting them to the point where they are actually pretty good now. Spotting in DCS is also just a lot of practice and getting used to.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Well today went better. I spent some time on a quiet server with 2 friends and had some dogfights in the 109 there. Then switched later to Burning Skies and managed to get three kills and land safely enough in the 109.

Alright, 1 kill I never saw happen - just that I hit someone. Second kill was a good kill and the third was some poor sap in a seized engine Spitfire.

Heh.

Nice! Keep it up, it's the only way to get better.

9./JG27