Terrain engine effect on hardware ?

I would be interested to know if the upcoming terrain engine optimisation (50% increase in VR fps) effectively unloads the CPU or the GPU . The answer could have a profound effect on my near-term upgrade plan .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

• 2 weeks later...

I hope it'll unload the CPU, DCS uses just one core for most calculations, so it's not important how much you want to spend 5.0-5.1GHz is the limit of performance in DCS. It'll bottleneck the rest. We're going know in a week or two i guess.

Implementation of Vulcan API woul unload CPU greatly, but idk what is the status.

Edited by bies

I would be interested to know if the upcoming terrain engine optimisation (50% increase in VR fps) effectively unloads the CPU or the GPU . The answer could have a profound effect on my near-term upgrade plan .

GPU most likely.

Any reason why you think the enhancements will be released in a week or two?

he is just making wild guesses. I Wouldnt expect it anytime soon. It took a while to get Caucasus optimized. With that in mind, they just moved on to the other maps. Don't hold your breath just yet.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

GPU most likely.

Hope not...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).