Are We Missing Animated Rivers?

Dear Eagle Dynamics forum,

I have recently noticed on the http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/black_shark/?PAGEN_2=7 that DCS: Black Shark should have included animated rivers. Is it something with my computer? I am definitely missing these rivers on my DCS: Black Shark installation. Animated, more realistic rivers (not just single sized lines is something I always wanted to see. When I read this on the website, I decided to ask why there are no advancement in rivers when it was planned to be added into the world years ago.

attachment.php?attachmentid=98173&stc=1&d=1400128034

DCS_Animated_River.thumb.jpg.c2ad2797449a0f977bdf50d556114052.jpg

2. The DCS MOVIE information!

4. REAL UFO FOOTAGE

I don't trust anything that bleeds for five days, and doesn't die

government: gives me money because of coronavirus

me: spends all money on the missing DCS modules

government: ... you dumbo! We won't give you money anymore

me: It's ok. I don't need anything else - I now have the entire DCS collection

my cat: looking at the empty bowl for a while and goes back to sleep

me: it's hard times, Mig, suck it up!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I thought I remember seeing those "new" rivers some time, but they definitely are just plain blue for me too. My settings are set to High for everything, also (and same result with water set to Medium).

I dont remember seeing this at all actually,

Possible the shader from BS didnt transfer to DCSW??

Either way, we're getting EDGE Soon.. so...

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

"Soon" ;)

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

I do remember them. They were definately in BS1 - but I think I've never really seen them in BS2/World

They looked great, much better than what I see now since 10+ years of TFCSE. It's rather a river-shaped hole in the ground with a watery texture some hundreds of meters below which always looked strange. It's an impression just gotten when seen the stuff in motion, it can't be captured in pictures. It's a lot more obvious when looking at rivers in the mountains though, while it's present even at the sea coast. And yes, I've been running low water all the time as it's beeing rendered even if it's not visible at all.

"Soon" wink.gif

I read that for how many years now regarding EDGE? Two? Three? Something like that... I'll believe it as soon as it's really here, otherwise not :D

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

If I had a pound for everytime someone predicted EDGE would be here soon then I'd be one of the richest men in town. I'm not sure why Edge it isn't here now tbh, given we have had months of pictures from the Black sea map. It must be integrated into the Black Sea Map if we are getting these - Yes?

Surprised nobody has attempted to mod the river to make it better. I think it would even look better if it was draw on and not moving then it does now.

Edited by Dudester22

It isn't just you, they have been a flat blue for me as well and I'm pretty sure I have it maxed out, only get a ripple/wave effect on the surface but nothing like that screenshot you showed. I wish they did look like that.

25ush28.jpg

2jcg4qv.jpg

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

It isn't just you, they have been a flat blue for me as well and I'm pretty sure I have it maxed out, only get a ripple/wave effect on the surface but nothing like that screenshot you showed. I wish they did look like that.

2jcg4qv.jpg

I would be more concerned having no wings or tail on that plane if I was you, rather then looking at the river.

I would be more concerned having no wings or tail on that plane if I was you, rather then looking at the river.

LOL, well the pilot was dead so not much else to do :D

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

EDGE is coming (any year now) but not for the Black Sea theatre, as it was stated many times. This is an improvement solely for the Nevada theatre. Moreover, the "work in progress" screenshots from Nevada clearly show that rivers are not going to be updated.

So, we are back to square one.

Almost everything in your post is incorrect. EDGE is coming for the Black Sea theatre, and what little we've seen of the Nevada rivers indicates they are vastly improved, with 3D river banks. Furthermore, this was shown nearly two years ago, as early WIP.

EDGE is coming (any year now) but not for the Black Sea theatre, as it was stated many times. This is an improvement solely for the Nevada theatre. Moreover, the "work in progress" screenshots from Nevada clearly show that rivers are not going to be updated.

So, we are back to square one.

So why are they showing all those screen shots of the Black Sea Map then? But I have to agree with you on the "Edge is coming any year now." It certainly feels like it.

Edited by Dudester22

Bring back the old rivers while we wait for Edge? The old ones look like rivers unlike the new ones that could be mistaken for wonky blue roads.

I often mistake the rivers for roads when looking through the different cameras on the planes lol

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

This is an improvement solely for the Nevada theatre.

No "solely" for the Nevada theatre.

Nevada will be the first map to use the new tech, where Nevada has been a sort of testing ground for it. But it's not like ED spent 4 years on this stuff just for Nevada. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I remember seeing these too...perhaps they got removed when ED changed the water shaders. Hopefully EDGE will improve the water rendering again...maybe use new shaders...more wind effects on water...waves and silent hunter style ship interactions with the water.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|