Static objects in MP

ENO

Eh guys.

Very simply adding some static aircraft to the Stennis to add a little flair but I thought I'd read somewhere that static objects weren't showing up in MP... I can't seem to track that down so hopefully I'm just making it up.

Is it okay to use statics- are they visible?

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

I have no problem with using static objects on MP, however, if you are using statics from a Mod (like VirPil airfield objects, or highwayman’s carrier objects), then the server and each player need to have the same Mod installed or they will not show.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I have no problem with using static objects on MP, however, if you are using statics from a Mod (like VirPil airfield objects, or highwayman’s carrier objects), then the server and each player need to have the same Mod installed or they will not show.

Okay thanks and yes I did know about the mod condition. On that note I notice the mission editor shows what mods are necessary when you go to open the mission. Not sure if it does that in the game server list too? I don’t recall that from the “old days” but it’s a good feature.

Thanks again Rudel- I’ll fuss with my arrangements a bit more then!

"ENO"

Static do show in MP when placed on ships. Just remember to tie them to the said ship in the object options panel.

Hmmmm... Okay so this is what I'm getting at in particular- is placing aircraft and choppers on the variety of ships in the battle group.

I do link them otherwise they don't even show up in SP- at least not when I test the missions. My issue with that is when you link them they fold their wings (too)... it's not a huge deal just a "thing." There are some aircraft I'd like to stage with the wings deployed.

So they DO show up in MP if properly linked or they don't show up on ships no matter what?

Edited by ENO

"ENO"