2.5 folder size

Morat

My DCS folder seems pretty massive, I was wondering if I could compare? If I've got a load of cruft here I'll delete and reinstall but I don't fancy a huge download just on the offchance.

So, I have 2.5open alpha only. No previous versions.

Three maps (Caucasian, NTTR and Normandy)

WW2 Asset Pack

Two purchased a/c A-10C and Spitfire IX

the normal default a/c.

No campaigns or mission packs.

No mods.

Folder size is currently 109Gb. Is that excessive? If it's about right, I'll just have bite the bullet and buy a bigger SSD because I can no longer update.

Thanks!

Morat

Edited by Morat

With only two payware planes it should be lower, closer to 80-few or 90 gigs I guess.

Mine is 96 with 3 maps, all warbirds, both Korean birds, MiG-21, Mi-8 and WWII assets pack. No campaigns. I also recall reading, that absolutely-everything-install would be about 115-120 gigs big.

Check the folder for any "_downloads" (or whatever it was called) sub-folder, where some post-update temporary trash files could be left. Delete it. Then I would suggest running the cleanup command (open command window in "Bin" folder and type in dcs_updater.exe cleanup). That should in theory delete anything in the main game folder which shouldn't be there.

That being said, as you can see it's still going to be a hefty folder so sooner or later bigger SSD is going to be a must anyway.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Mine is around 100GB. All three maps and about 10 aircraft.

Have you ensured that you kept all mods in your saved games folder?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

My DCS folder seems pretty massive, I was wondering if I could compare? If I've got a load of cruft here I'll delete and reinstall but I don't fancy a huge download just on the offchance.

Use a software like SpaceSniffer and post us a screenshot of your DCS folder. Here is mine (I'm using an old version of SpaceMonger, hence the different GUI) :

6604029c1b16a02192ac24a3246d8dee.md.png

My folder weighs 84 GBytes.

I own NTTR map, Ka-50, Mi-8, Huey, FC3, MiG-15bis, Viggen, Harrier, Mirage 2000 and A-10C.

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Thanks a lot ... incredible that such an old utility still Works 18 years after ... this is my DCS Folder, and I have all the maps, all the aircrafts and almost all the Campaigns:

W8rDK5b.png

So, the OP should run a DCS_Updater Cleanup, as most likely he has some old user mods installed in there :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB