Will the DCS world be post-2007 now?

Bwaze

Simple question. A-10C's first combat deployment was late 2007. Does this mean that DCS world will be updated to approximately that date? Will we be getting new AI aircraft, helicopters and ground vehicles?

It would be strange to fly a A-10C in an environment without F-22, F-15E, F/A-18E/F, newer F-16C/D Blocks, and their new munitions. Is this planned for the release of DCSW, or a subsequent patch?

It would be a lot of work to code and implement just to update the battlefield. Those new birds hve some complicated avionics and radar signatures that would have to be worked and I'm not sure how feasable that would be simply to enhance the surroundings. It's not like the player will be able to enjoy those features all that much.

I don't expect it, but it would be a wonderful addition obviously. I'm just glad we're gettin the c model over the A model.

Obviously I don't know more than the next guy, but just what my logic tells me :). Excellent question though, didn't even cross my mind.

There is not a specific date tied to all of the AI units in the sim. For the most part, the virtual world consists of systems present and relevant for the current decade or so, but this is not a strict rule and some older/newer units and systems may be missing/present. The timeline is more specific when it comes to modeling the flyable aircraft and in the case of the A-10C will be based on the operational capabilities of a specific suite version.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

I think that now we have a lot of quite detailed ground units, ED will gradually focus on air units, with new 3D models for the already aircraft present in the sim and probably new air units as you mentioned. In the 'research' forum, F-22 cockpit pictures are requested so it seems at least an AI F-22 is in the pipeline.

Regards!!

Thank you for the quick answer.

I just wondered because right now newest units seem to be at least a decade older than A-10C. I know that in reality a lot of older aircraft still fly around. Unless their wings fall off. :)

Will new weapons modelled for A-10C ( WCMD, JDAM, SDB?, newer Mavericks...) be available to AI aircraft that can carry them IRL?