Interview with Matt Wagner and New Screens from DCS: A10

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had of known DCS and Thrustamster were going to be tag teaming E3 I would have flown myself out there just to see it first hand. ;)

The top of my wish list right now is...hands down the startup "producer note"......................no pressure Mr Wags...I'm just saying ;).

Great News! :thumbup:

I wonder if DCS: Black Shark will also benefit from these improvements (Comms and Missions Generator) through a compatibility patch, just like DCS: BS benefited from the improvement of sounds that was FC?

and...

How to fit FC 2.0 in all this?

Thanks in advance.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

www.ecv56condor.com.ar

AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE 3.4

8Gb Kingston 1333

Nvidia GTX 460 1Gb

Saitek X-52 Pro

Saitek Ruddels Pedals

TIR 5 + Clip Pro

Win 7 64b

• ED Team

Just a guess on my part, but im thinking Flaming Cliffs will live on as a sim in itself, since its bearing the name "Lock On", and the DCS series will just expand and beeing improved on with each new module.

And as we've heard, Black Shark will recieve all the updates that comes with DCS: A-10C, in order to make them compatible online, through some patch im guessing.

I wonder what will be out earlier. DCS: A-10 or Black Shark Patch 1.02

Ah, what would life be without those little side blows, that makes working so much sweeter ;)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Just a guess on my part, but im thinking Flaming Cliffs will live on as a sim in itself, since its bearing the name "Lock On", and the DCS series will just expand and beeing improved on with each new module.

And as we've heard, Black Shark will recieve all the updates that comes with DCS: A-10C, in order to make them compatible online, through some patch im guessing.

dude! movie preview time? :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would assume A10 drops then black shark gets patched. People will be too distracted with learning the a10 to even notice the gap between release and compatibility patch. Who knows maybe they'll drop them all together. DCS was built with this in mind specifically , lockon compatibility was just an after thought bonus :).

lockon compatibility was just an after thought bonus :).

Lock On compatibility is not even hinted at (let alone confirmed) for Warthog.

In my View it will go something like this.

DCS Warthog comes out - Compatibly patch for BS is out later. The Installer for the BS update will offer to let you keep your BS v1.02 install in order to maintain compatibility between LO: FC2 and BS v1.02.

So you will have LO:- FC2 and BS v1.02 compatible, then......

DCS:- Warthog v1.0 and DCS:- Black Shark v1.1 compatible

Nate

Edited by Nate--IRL--

Lock On compatibility is not even hinted at (let alone confirmed) for Warthog.

In my View it will go something like this.

DCS Warthog comes out - Compatibly patch for BS is out later. The Installer for the BS update will offer to let you keep your BS v1.02 install in order to maintain compatibility between LO: FC2 and BS v1.02.

So you will have LO:- FC2 and BS v1.02 compatible, then......

DCS:- Warthog v1.0 and DCS:- Black Shark v1.1 compatible

Nate

Yeah that looks about right. I'm definitly NOT expecting A10 compatibilty with lockon...but if it happens sweet.

I'm more optimistic about FC2 compatibility. Look at it this way: FC2 and BS are currently running on very similar (if not the same) code bases. Heck there's even a Blackshark folder in the FC2 install directory. Therefore it stands to reason that any patch that makes BS compatible, should work for FC2 with only minor modifications. I know that in reality things are never quite that simple, especially for products as complex as these, but still I remain optimistic.

I hope there is a way to merge FC2 with BS and Warthog but will understand if it can't be done. With all the excitement of joint ops with FC2 and BS online compatibility it will really help to keep everyone in the community together at least in the online arena! We'll have to wait and see.

If we had DCS:Fighter, then I wouldn't care if DCS was compatible with FC2 anymore. Looks like no A-10C online for me. An online environment with just attack aircraft and no fighters is not my cup of tea. I will of course buy DCS:A-10 to support ED though! Is it 2012 yet?

If we had DCS:Fighter, then I wouldn't care if DCS was compatible with FC2 anymore. Looks like no A-10C online for me. An online environment with just attack aircraft and no fighters is not my cup of tea. I will of course buy DCS:A-10 to support ED though! Is it 2012 yet?

Man, I'm surprised how pessimistic you guys are, given how many times ED has pleasantly surprised us in the past year. I think ED is very well aware of the value of maintaining FC2 compatibility as they build up DCS, both in growing and in maintaining their player base. Furthermore, I don't think it would make very much sense to spend so many months getting FC2 out the door, and then abandoning it in less than a year.

Man, I'm surprised how pessimistic you guys are, given how many times ED has pleasantly surprised us in the past year. I think ED is very well aware of the value of maintaining FC2 compatibility as they build up DCS, both in growing and in maintaining their player base. Furthermore, I don't think it would make very much sense to spend so many months getting FC2 out the door, and then abandoning it in less than a year.

The last thing I am is pessimistic. I understand that ED must do what they feel is right for various reasons they stated such as current contracts etc. I am just saying from my point view only, I like to fly fighters, even better multi role fighters. Purely self serving point of view I know. It is just my preference to have a fighter. The prospect of fighting against AI with no player vs. player fighter action for me is not what I prefer.

Let me get this straight though, I am thankful for anything ED is working on including the A-10C and I know it will be an excellent sim that I will fly many hours in. People just have different preferances that's all. Even if FC2 is not compatible with A-10C, then I will still be optimistic that it just may mean that it frees up time for the next DCS aircraft which might be a fighter. We need to understand that it will take many man hours to make FC2 compatible with the A-10C, more than we problably realize, and I understand and will not complain if FC2 and the A-10C are not compatible.

Crunch, I think you misinterpreted my post. I meant that I think you all are being pessimistic for assuming that we're not going to get compatibility between FC2 and DCS:A-10C. I think there's good reason to believe that we will have compatibility, as we do with Ka-50 now, for the reasons stated above.

wow. impressive. now I can't friggin wait to come out and be a elite A10C pilot... Time gonna to be slow until it release :(

I'd bet on very, very slow.

Great News! :thumbup:

I wonder if DCS: Black Shark will also benefit from these improvements (Comms and Missions Generator) through a compatibility patch, just like DCS: BS benefited from the improvement of sounds that was FC?

and...

How to fit FC 2.0 in all this?

Thanks in advance.

Apparently BS gets the improvements in a patch after A10C is out... but the patches (as we can see) take a while.

I think instead of the supposed "new DCS title each 9 months" it's more like a patch for a title each nine months.

I would assume A10 drops then black shark gets patched. People will be too distracted with learning the a10 to even notice the gap between release and compatibility patch. Who knows maybe they'll drop them all together. DCS was built with this in mind specifically , lockon compatibility was just an after thought bonus :).

People will always notice and want. You'd hope they would all drop at the same time, but we've seen from FC2.0 that this is probably not going to be the case.

I hope there is a way to merge FC2 with BS and Warthog but will understand if it can't be done. With all the excitement of joint ops with FC2 and BS online compatibility it will really help to keep everyone in the community together at least in the online arena! We'll have to wait and see.

I doubt it'll happen... if it does, prepare for a damn long wait.

AMD Phenom II 965 BE @ 3.8GHz, 8GB OCZ AMD BE RAM, ATI HD5970 2GB XFX BE @ 875/1215, TM HOTAS Cougar, TM Cougar MFDs, TrackIR 5, CH MFP, GoFlight Switch Panel, iMo Mini-Monster Touch, Mimo 720S, Saitek Pro Flight Headset

well at some point it would have to be unrealistic to keep up older titles. Five DCS titles later having to come out with 5 patches that take months to create bug free would not be feasible, especially business sense. There has to be a limit for backwards compatibility and title updates.

Intel i7 990X, 6GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 470 x2 SLI, Win 7 x64

http://picasaweb.google.com/sweinhart