MiG-29 vs Su-27 BFM tactics

TaxDollarsAtWork

It´s a hold (at least for the Mig-29, dont know about Su-27). The limit override does not work at supersonic speeds though, but I wouldn´t recommend using it at all, except for a hard break to force your opponent to overshoot.

Make sure to slow down below M1 during the merge, otherwise you wont get the turn rate you need. If you are coming in fast (M>1), pull vertical to trade speed for altitude. Otherwise, aim for aninitial speed of 800-900 kph before merging.

Make sure to stay at around 600-650kph (IAS, NOT TAS!), this will give you enough turn rate to outturn pretty much any other aircraft. Do not engange in slow flat scissors against f-18, they seem to have an edge there.

Also keep an eye on your trim. If you trimmed nose down before the merge (for example if you were flying around M=1),you won´t have full pitch-up authority, so make sure to rececnter or trim nose up once merged.

Try to stay in the horizontal plane, dont go vertical if you dont have to, especially against f-16.

And finally, keep an eye on fuel. The Mig-29 burns a lot of fuel in full AB at sea level.

Thats from my expierience on dogfight servers.

Again, all of the aobe is for the Mig-29.

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD