Mission editor error message setting up JTAC

A.P. Hill

I am trying to make a simple JTAC mission for the A 10C. I have seen a number of good tutorial videos. I am getting this error message in the mission editor when trying to choose the laser in the Designation section. Laser (problem: no LOS) I assume it means there is no line of sight. So I moved, just to see if that was the problem, the JTAC vehicle right next to the target and got the same message. Does anyone know what I’m doing wrong? I’m pretty sure it’s my lack of understanding that’s the problem.

Thanks for any help

2136510928_dcseditorproblem1.thumb.jpg.5597d54110d1ad57d9f7647840416415.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

missions

Hi every one.. I've been creating missions for the F/A-18. I'm actually having some issues with one or 2 missions that I've been working on..,.

After a fresh install, out of the 4 missions that I've created only one can still open correctly..

What I'm trying to do is delete the missions that are misfunctioning.

I've been reading a lot of the tutorials but I can't find any instruction on deleting missions.

Can some please point me in the right direction..

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

I've been reading a lot of the tutorials but I can't find any instruction on deleting missions.

I believe that's not a function of the DCS Mission Editor.

Outside of DCS, use any file browser of your preference, like the Windows Explorer.

Your missions should be located under Saved Games\DCS\missions, and that's where you can delete them.

In case you run the Open Beta, the path should be Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\missions instead.

In case you saved them in a different folder, you probably know which one that is and how to navigate there. :thumbup: