[REMOVED]Cargo Cam borked with latestupdate??

Chic

I liked the Cargo Cam for accurate placement and release of Cargos.

I liked dropping cargo under the Dockyard Crane Hooks as close as possible to where the crane hook would IRL pick up the cargo. However, I haven't seen Animated Dockyard Cranes since 2.5.

Will DCS be bringing that animation back ?

SnowTiger:joystick:

Yeah, I liked the cam too. Even if it's unrealistic, in every sim there are such gross inaccuracies due to the limitations of the interface, like we have no sense of balance or movement, no peripheral vision, no ability to quickly flick our eyes from one location to another and focus near instantly, like in RL, that I have no problem with some augmentations that mean the *result* is more similiar to RL.

We are flying half-blind with no real feeling, we need the extra help to get halfway decent results. In RL we could have spotters or co-pilots who could *intelligently* guide us on target, nevermind feel the movements of the helicopter in order to stay ahead of it, and not get as disoriented when we changed views.

• 3 weeks later...

It seems to be back!

I can activate it since yesterday's update. Don't know if it was back earlier though.

Edit:

Wrong by me. It's not officially back. But I use a modified older version of the default.lua in ..\Input\UH-1H\joystick in a self made mod, and in that file the Cargo Cam is still present, and it obviously works if that line is added back to the file. Put this line

{down = device_commands.Button_4, up = device_commands.Button_4, cockpit_device_id = devices.CARGO_CAM, value_down = 1, value_up = 0,                name = _('Toggle External Cargo Camera'),        category = _("External Cargo")},

directly under the '-- External Cargo' on line 246 in

..\DCS World 2 OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\Uh-1H\Input\UH-1H\joystick\default.lua

Or use the attached OvGME ready MOD. In that the possibility to add Cargo View as a joystick button is also enabled.

Edit2:

Uploaded a new version of the MOD with Cargo Cam keyboard assignments enabled too.

Or you might add the line

{combos = {{key = 'C', reformers = {'LCtrl','LShift'}}},        down = device_commands.Button_4, up = device_commands.Button_4, cockpit_device_id = devices.CARGO_CAM, value_down = 1, value_up = 0,    name = _('Toggle External Cargo Camera'),        category = _("External Cargo")},

directly under the '-- External Cargo' on line 161 in

..\DCS World 2 OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\Uh-1H\Input\UH-1H\keyboard\default.lua

UH-1H Cargo view 2.5.zip

Edited by Holton181

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Brilliant, Thanks.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

• 6 months later...

These mods don't actually put the original " external sling load camera view" back though... they just add a look down at the side of the seat. Which isn't what I or the original questions asked.

Is there a way to re-create that camera that was under the helo, looking straight down.

As it stands, I can no longer precisely place cargo where I want it.

While I haven't flown the Huey much recently, I'm pretty sure that the Cargo Manager still works OR works even better than before.

I've heard that now there is a Voice Assisted Cargo Crew who will tell you to move forward/aft, up/down "X"number of meters etc.

The Cargo Manager alone should be enough to do most cargo exercises with accuracy.

I'll try to remember to take a look into this tomorrow before noon and report back to see if I can help you out friend.

SnowTiger:joystick:

There is. When I return from work this afternoon Ill post the fix, but for now dont lose your hope on this. I had this issue too.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

First, the OP asked about the officially removed Cargo Cam, and I offered a still working solution to that in post #28. Others offered alternative solutions, but ultimately this is about the Cargo Cam (i.e. that small screen with a straight down view).

Second, my zip in that post might not work due to later updates of DCS, but the edits I described above still work. Using it myself.

Third, as Elphaba already have found, my MOD is also included in a more extensive and up-to-date MOD found here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3622861

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Anyone tried enabling it on the Mi-8? I am having no luck

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

Anyone tried enabling it on the Mi-8? I am having no luck
For what I know the Mi-8 never had it, so can't be re-enabled as for the Huey. I don't know if the functionality can be ported over.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5