Almaz voices folder?

Hi everyone :)

I've been learning in the Mi-8 for about 3 weeks now and was just looking through the sound folders out of curiosity to hear all the speech samples and found alot of speech samples that i'm pretty sure i've never heard in game.

Both for RU and EN. Folder is here \DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\Mi-8MTV2\Sounds\Speech\EN\MI-8MTV2\Almaz\ What are they used for? They are not used in game?

The usual warnings and speech i hear are in the \DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\Mi-8MTV2\Sounds\Speech\RUS\MI-8MTV2\RI-65\

Theres quite alot of speech samples in the Almaz folder, alot more than the ones for the usual warning.

Cant be for the audio checklists either that only work in RU because i checked the Almaz folder for RU and it's also a female voice which is a male voice i heard for audio checklists in RU.

Anyway just curious if anybody knows what they are for in the Almaz folder or what Almaz even is? Google didn't help. Thanks

P.S. So happy i bought this Mi-8. Only had FC3 before.

Still got alot to learn but having so much fun learning.

Best software i have ever bought. Very happy customer indeed. :)

Thanks so much Belsimtek you have done an amazing job.

Can't wait for the Mi-24 and i really hope you make an Mi-26 someday also. :smilewink:

I5 4690 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX 760 2GB, 2x WD 500GB SSD, 2x 1TB Seagate HDD, Win 7 x64, Sidewinder Precision 2, Logitech Momo Force Racing wheel that i've setup just for using the pedals as rudder/tail rotor control. Does the job.

Interesting, a lot of those are the same voice files used on the Ka-50 EKRAN voice messaging system.

Wonder what that's all about?

EDIT: So there's this. Looks like a voice messaging unit. Not sure what aircraft it's supposed to be implemented in. Maybe it's an upcoming Mi-8 upgrade, or maybe it's a test for the Mi-24?

Edited by BritTorrent

Interesting, a lot of those are the same voice files used on the Ka-50 EKRAN voice messaging system.

Wonder what that's all about?

EDIT: So there's this. Looks like a voice messaging unit. Not sure what aircraft it's supposed to be implemented in. Maybe it's an upcoming Mi-8 upgrade, or maybe it's a test for the Mi-24?

Thanks for answering and for the Almaz link. I couldn't find anything about Almaz when i searched about it on google so thanks.

Yes hopefully its something they are going to implement in future.

Be good if somebody from Belsimtek could let us know for sure.

Thinking of getting the Ka-50 or UH-1 for my next module.

Can i ask which would you get if you have choice between the Ka-50 or UH-1?

I'm thinking i'll probably enjoy the Ka-50 more as i just love Russian engineering but after seeing what Belsimtek done with the Mi-8 then i think maybe get the Huey. Can't decide :P

I'll get both eventually but hard to decide which to get first because i want them both.

I only have Mi-8, FC3 and NTTR for now.

I'm so impressed with Belsimtek's work on the Mi-8 . It's far surpassed my expectations.

Never had so much fun and challenge on a flight sim in my life and i've played alot in my time. I started with Micropose Gunship 2000 in the 90's on a 386 DX 25mhz PC.

Really looking forward to the Mi-24. Really hope Belsimtek makes a Mi-26 someday also. That would be amazing to fly the biggest helicopter in the world. :)

I5 4690 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX 760 2GB, 2x WD 500GB SSD, 2x 1TB Seagate HDD, Win 7 x64, Sidewinder Precision 2, Logitech Momo Force Racing wheel that i've setup just for using the pedals as rudder/tail rotor control. Does the job.

• 3 weeks later...

Ah Gunship 2000... Great game back in the day. Loved most things from Microprose.

I'd recommend the Ka-50. It's more attack orientated, and you already have a general purpose/transport. Not to mention it was THE original DCS World module! ;-)

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM