Strange Russian Voice Alert

Chic

This is a weird one. For as long as I have been flying the Mi8, I would occasionally here this loud obnoxious Russian voice alert. It most often occurs when on verge of VRS. It is a string of 4-5 unintelligible words the last of which sounds like "commander". Recently this sound track is being triggered randomly in response to key or cursor inputs. It is even running just after I exit DCS. Very bizarre.

To further this humiliation, it appears that I am the only one in my rather large fly group who has experienced this aberration.

Can someone rid me of this curse. Perhaps an exorcist.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

I've read reports of it appearing in the Huey, this is the first time I've read about it in the Mi-8.

Never heard the alarm myself though, and no answers to the mystery in the Huey treads.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Not an easy solution for this one if it still runs after exiting the game. For a start, you could try the primitive way of locating this sample and replacing it with mute file with the same name.

All Mi-8 voice alert samples are stored in \Mods\aircraft\Mi-8MTV2\Sounds\Speech\RUS\MI-8MTV2\ folder.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Not an easy solution for this one if it still runs after exiting the game. For a start, you could try the primitive way of locating this sample and replacing it with mute file with the same name.

All Mi-8 voice alert samples are stored in \Mods\aircraft\Mi-8MTV2\Sounds\Speech\RUS\MI-8MTV2\ folder.

Yah, been rummaging thru the sound files, including mods. No Joy.

Thanks though.

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Sounds like " astarovska komandir " or something similar ? I have it too..

YES!!!!!!

MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!!!

JUST CHOPPERS

This is a weird one. For as long as I have been flying the Mi8, I would occasionally here this loud obnoxious Russian voice alert. It most often occurs when on verge of VRS. It is a string of 4-5 unintelligible words the last of which sounds like "commander". Recently this sound track is being triggered randomly in response to key or cursor inputs. It is even running just after I exit DCS. Very bizarre.

To further this humiliation, it appears that I am the only one in my rather large fly group who has experienced this aberration.

Can someone rid me of this curse. Perhaps an exorcist.

Im having the same. I tend to jump around the heli's, and it origins from the Mi8. I can be in the KA-50, or Gazelle, all fine, and then I jump into the Mi8 and I hear it, when I hit esc, or pause the game. Then I jump into the Huey, and it follows me there too.

Like you, ive also had it play when the game shuts down, like the Exe.

Keeps freaking me out, cause I dont expect it, and its quite loud too :D

Ill keep tracking it, and see if I can find some pattern. Cause I get it every time I fly the Mi8. Im not sure if the Huey has it from the start. Gazelle and Ka-50 dont, and I dont think it follows into them. Seems like a BST module thing?

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I hear it too from time to time. I have the Mi8 installed but do not fly it at all atm.

I have it in the Huey and the Gazelle. So it happens in other modules as well, even if you did not fly the Mi8 earlier in that game session.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Well the plot thickens. I havent heard it in the a Gazelle so far, and Ive been flying that quite a bit recently.

My experience is from 2.1 (latest) btw. Havent flown 1.5 in a while, so dont know if it happens there too. And not entirely sure, after which update this has appeared.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Ha, found the culprit.

Those of you who hear it, you use Simshaker for Aviators? Im running 1.0.1.19 beta, and its the source.

First I ran the game with Mission Editor profile (options.lua), jumped into the Mi8. Nothing.

Then I ran the game with my VR profile, Mi8, nothing.

Then fired up Simshaker, game, VR profile, Mi8, and there was the voice. Shut down Simshaker, and nothing.

Happens, like already mentioned, every time I hit Esc for example, when Simshaker is running. But if its just some modules, well.. some more digging.

Edited by Knock-Knock

Those of you who hear it, you use Simshaker for Aviators?

Yup, that's true for me. interesting find :thumbup:

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

More investigation.

Simshaker running.

Gazelle M and L. Nothing.

Ka-50. Nothing

Huey, Bingo.

Mi8, Bingo.

Then Ka-50 again, nothing.

And when Bingo, when I then choose another slot, any heli, it plays the sound on the change. Or like always, when I hit esc.

And finally, seems to be related to the beta version of Simshaker. Just tried with 1.0.0.48 release, and no problem there.

Is it possible to record the sound and post it here, Knock-Knock?

I don't have simshaker and have never heard it, but quite curious!

Also someone understanding Russian (or whatever language it is) might give us all an interpretation.

It might also help whoever responsible to track down the bug (if not an intentional easter egg) and correct it.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

I found the file, just dont know if I can post it.

Its this one Comandir_L.wav

I installed the 1.0.1.21 release, and the voice came back.

But I assume no corresponding English file? (not at my computer right now to look for one myself)

Really good and thorough investigation!

Thanks!

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Its part of the Simshaker software / install.

For now, I just replaced them with empty wav files. Cant give an exact path, cause its, well strange. So just do a search for Comandir_L on your C drive

The hit thats part of AppData/Roaming/......, select it, right click, and choose 'Open File Location'.

In there you will find both the _L and _R files. Back them up.

Replace with attached silenced wav files.

Silenced_wav.rar

• Like 1

“Careful commander!” It’s the co-pilot warning of VRS. It’s a left over from an early implementation of Simshaker. F410 says it will be removed.

Edited by Frusheen

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

I get it in the Huey when I pause a flight

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

“Careful commander!” It’s the co-pilot warning of VRS. It’s a left over from an early implementation of Simshaker. F410 says it will be removed.

Sweet!

Typically good support from F410.

Thank you all for jumpin on this, especially Knock-knock. Strong work.

JUST CHOPPERS

• 3 weeks later...

Nazdarovia Commander!!

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.