ZA 23 Mike cannon... trouble consistently getting to fire

dooom

Hey all

I have really been enjoying the L39ZA but have been suffering some significant inconsistencies in getting the 23 mm cannon to fire. I understand to watch for the yellow AoA to go off and the speed/pitch limitations but even when in these parameters, I seem to suffer a mute weapon.

Can anyone offer a process that works consistently for them?

I can fire everything else just fine... its just the belly gun i am having trouble with.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

This here is what I do and it works unless the gun is damaged.

1. Turn off the other weapon switches, both on pedestal console and the power buttons for the wing stations on the left console.

2. Activate gun switch on the left side of you

3. Push the little pyro-button on the left console (small circular piece)

4. Push the "unscrew the gun"-button on the pedestal (don't remember exact name)

5. FIRE!

To summarize: YOU BET I'VE HAD PROBLEMS AS WELL :joystick:

These two:

"Pyro" and what I earlier called screw...it's an "Unblock"!

You don't use the "Ublock" button at all. This button is used only for ground tests of the cannon and PK-3 to check its electrical circuits and in real life it is strictly forbidden to use it in flight. This button removes all blocking mechanisms when held depressed (WoW, Speed, AoA).

You don't use the "Ublock" button at all. This button is used only for ground tests of the cannon and PK-3 to check its electrical circuits and in real life it is strictly forbidden to use it in flight. This button removes all blocking mechanisms when held depressed (WoW, Speed, AoA).

Yeah, well - works for me.

EDIT: You're right actually. Tested it in a safe environment and there was NO need to use the Ublock. Don't know how/why I had to use it earlier.

Edited by SFC Tako

Yes. also remember, there are lots of switches for the different weapons. If you have two or more of those swiches in the 'on' position, weapons will not fire. You have only one 'trigger' and not a second 'trigger' to pickle weapons like rockets or bombs. So if you want to use the cannon, rockets/bomb switches should be off. To be safe, also switch off the right most three switches on the panel in front of the control column.

It is probably somewhere in the manual. :)

Happy Flying! :pilotfly:

I've checked all the hints in this thread and one other thread about the cannon. Turn on "arms" power switch, switch on left panel forward, hit the "pyro" button to cock the gun.

No guns. The AoA light will not go out in level flight at +315 kmh. The gun camera will activate, but no shooty shooty.

Twice now, I've expended rockets on targets after deciding, "screw it then, I'll pass on guns", and after a couple of passes, the AoA light blinks out and the cannon starts working.

I've attached a track. This is driving me crazy. I want to come in with cannon first and enfilade the column. Then turn after they scatter and use the rockets to mop up. But I cannot get the cannon to operate before I use rockets.

guns.trk

Win 10 | i7 4770 @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR3 | 6 GB GTX1060

I've checked all the hints in this thread and one other thread about the cannon. Turn on "arms" power switch, switch on left panel forward, hit the "pyro" button to cock the gun.

No guns. The AoA light will not go out in level flight at +315 kmh. The gun camera will activate, but no shooty shooty.

Twice now, I've expended rockets on targets after deciding, "screw it then, I'll pass on guns", and after a couple of passes, the AoA light blinks out and the cannon starts working.

I've attached a track. This is driving me crazy. I want to come in with cannon first and enfilade the column. Then turn after they scatter and use the rockets to mop up. But I cannot get the cannon to operate before I use rockets.

Hold down the pyro button for a moment or two, and see if that works

From the manual:

Firing the gun is possible in the following conditions:

 The front landing gear is retracted

 Speed is no less than 400 km/h

 The angle of attack does not exceed 6 degrees

 The positive G no more than 6

the negative G no more than -2.

Happy Flying! :pilotfly:

From the manual:

Firing the gun is possible in the following conditions:

 The front landing gear is retracted

 Speed is no less than 400 km/h

 The angle of attack does not exceed 6 degrees

 The positive G no more than 6

the negative G no more than -2.

Ah ha! I'm flying too slow to fire the cannon. Off to test it!

Win 10 | i7 4770 @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR3 | 6 GB GTX1060