Tacview 1.3 beta 1 is available!

Vyrtuoz

I think I like the idea, even if I’m sure completely sure how it looks like. Can you share me some screenshots so I can see exactly what you are talking about?

Hey Vyrtuoz, could you incorporate wind layers as a toggle option like show object IDs, show object heights, etc? Even as arrows like XP10?
tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I like the idea, even if I’m sure completely sure how it looks like. Can you share me some screenshots so I can see exactly what you are talking about?

Here is Aladin wind forecast which I regularly use. I found this kind of wind representation pretty clear.

Wind speed is color and arrows are direction.

http://prognoza.hr/karte.php?id=dada&param=ik&it=06

[B]*NOB* Lucky[/B] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Tko vrijedi leti, tko leti vrijedi, tko ne leti ne vrijedi

All right, I see what you mean now. I can add this feature in a future release, as long as I can find a way to get the wind information.

Are you talking specifically about DCS World or are you thinking about another flight simulation?

• 1 month later...

Vyrtuoz,

Any chance you could add Line of Sight Rate and Closure Rate as telemetry options?

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Absolutely!

I made a quick paint we can have a barb per flight level or arrow/barb combo.

If you can include XP10 into Tacview that would be awesome! FSX feels too plastic.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Closure rate for the two selected objects is already available in the button between in the middle on top of the 3D view (currently named Closing Speed). Right-click on the button to see available telemetry data.

What do you mean by Line of Sight Rate? Could it be the Turn RaTe (TRT) visible in the telemetry window?

Vyrtuoz,

Any chance you could add Line of Sight Rate and Closure Rate as telemetry options?

Understood!

X-Plane support is planned and may be available in Tacview 1.4.

Absolutely!

I made a quick paint we can have a barb per flight level or arrow/barb combo.

If you can include XP10 into Tacview that would be awesome! FSX feels too plastic.

Closure rate for the two selected objects is already available in the button between in the middle on top of the 3D view (currently named Closing Speed). Right-click on the button to see available telemetry data.

What do you mean by Line of Sight Rate? Could it be the Turn RaTe (TRT) visible in the telemetry window?

Hadn't seen the closure speed, so thanks.

Not turn rate, no. LOSR is the rate at which an object moves across your view (measured in a 2 dimensional plane), usually in degrees per second. An object with a LOSR of zero would appear fixed in space.

Used in missile guidance etc (missiles using proportional navigation attempt to zero out LOSR), and very useful in calculating weapon capabilities and developing counter tactics. Most AAMs, SAMs and AAA systems have a maximum target LOSR that they can deal with.

Edited by Eddie

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Awesome, thanks.

Spoiler

Yes this will be definitively possible with the new incoming acmi format which is planned for Tacview 1.4+.

Vyrtuoz,

Would it be possible to import and add real-time fuel status to telemetry, both internal and external tanks? Engine rpm as well would be even better.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey vyrtuouz, could you be so kind as to include roll angle in degrees in charts, telemetry 1, etc? Currently only roll rate available. This will help CCIP fanatics like me practice setting the right roll.

Merci Avous

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

You got a point! I’m going to add both roll and pitch to charts and telemetry windows in Tacview 1.4.

Hey vyrtuouz, could you be so kind as to include roll angle in degrees in charts, telemetry 1, etc? Currently only roll rate available. This will help CCIP fanatics like me practice setting the right roll.

Merci Avous

Yes! Tacview is on sale time to time.

However these offers are not planed in advance. The next one can be in two weeks or six months… To be sure you are not going to miss one, you can follow my twitter thread:

Hello Vyrtuoz will Tacview at some point go on sale with like a 50% discount? Or are there no discounts at all?

Thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...
Yes! Tacview is on sale time to time.

However these offers are not planed in advance. The next one can be in two weeks or six months… To be sure you are not going to miss one, you can follow my twitter thread:

Alright added you on twitter. Thanks for the reply :)

g8PjVMw.png

• 1 month later...

Hey Vytuoz, I dunno how your work on the lateral g display is going, I was looking at working it out manually, but I'd then need the co'ords for the flight paths. Is there an easy way to export them?

Edit:

Scrap this, I can see that the g now doesn't include the acceleration from the motor.

Edited by IASGATG

Just want to say my thanks to Vyrtuoz for this great tool. I have learned alot about situational awareness with Tacview as the recordings are way better than the in game tracks. Much more accurate and you get whole picture no matter how big or small the engagements are. Keep up the great work on this.

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!