July 2014 Update #1

Wags

I guess I don't think this is too terrible, but then I was at $110 and looks like I will have Alpha access to everything but the 262 which I will have to pay $20 to get.

I will say I will happily buy it when released and if there is a way to buy into the alpha, even if it's for more than $20 I'd likely pay for that too. I don't know if there are others that would do the same, but maybe something to consider to raise more funds from backers (and maybe others too?) if orchestrating it won't be a nightmare...

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, this is not the worst outcome. Not sure why I need two mustangs but whatev. Worst about this whole rrg debacle is that no matter how much it is said about "no impact on other projects" this impact is impossible to avoid. There will be at least minimal impact and we already know minimal means months. Oh well, at least some experience is gained.

Funny thing though how hyper and blind to reason were some here about a year ago and how enraged they were when some dared to ask the question " ehh, sounds lovely, but is this really attainable?"

It looks like promises can get broken after all, what do you know...

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

Offer a buy up for additional Alpha access? :)

If the aircraft are going to be $20 for us at release charge $30 or whatever you deem fair for Alpha access and I'd throw more dollars at you. I'm only missing alpha on one and would love to get in on that as well. Others may feel the same. Don't know if it would be hard to orchestrate, but could raise some additional money from backers.

This seems like a perfectly reasonable solution, and I'm grateful for it. No one, of course, is thrilled to be getting less than they were expecting, but we could be getting nothing.

For those who are moaning about how you're getting screwed out of what you were "promised": You invested in a start-up. Investments inherently involve risk--by definition. RRG is gone, and so is your money. RRG spent it on development which they did not finish. Get over it. ED is a separate entity, and they owe you NOTHING. Instead of griping, buck up and get your mind around the fact that ED is gifting you free modules and more on the cheap. As my saintly grandma used to say: It's better than a handful of sh*t.

ED was certainly sleeping during the KS campaign. :smilewink:

I don't think so.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not sure why I need two mustangs ...

The Mustang is essentially a freebie: Every backer is gaining a product per $20, the cheapest flyables tier at $40 getting the FW and Map at $20 apiece.

It's a bargain all-round as far as I am concerned.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I'm happy this is still being developed. My main concern(s) are about the map making SDK and a real dedicated server for MP.

The map SDK was supposed to come with release of DCSWWII and the dedicated server software has been talked about since the early A10 beta days.

MP will struggle terribly (like it has been for years) until they can get some reasonable netcode and stability to 70+ (hoping 100) planes on a server with all the statics/objects/objectives to go with it.

Any more news on those 2?

Not bad solution at all, i lost few planes but most important thing is that DCS:WW2 is actually happening. Wich was not too sure earlier...so i'm happy! :)

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am very happy to be getting anywhere near what was promised by KS.

I also understand how people are upset when they don't get what they want but life's a bitch. I know I've had over 50 years of it and it don't get any easier, So if the money and the rewards mean that much then don't use schemes like KS as they don't all do what it says on the box.

Oh and many thanks to Sith & Wags for all their hard work and rhino skin fending off the daggers.

Edited by G00dnight
quick add on

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup:

I'm happy this is still being developed. My main concern(s) are about the map making SDK and a real dedicated server for MP.

The map SDK was supposed to come with release of DCSWWII and the dedicated server software has been talked about since the early A10 beta days.

MP will struggle terribly (like it has been for years) until they can get some reasonable netcode and stability to 70+ (hoping 100) planes on a server with all the statics/objects/objectives to go with it.

Great questions Bliss :)

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

This relates to DCSW Core as a Whole, and not specific to the WWII Project.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Maybe it is not the best solution for every backer, but we will get a new map (for all DCS aircrafts!!!) and some new aircrafts, too!

You forget about Kickstarter, if you spend money on a project it is your own risk - so i am happy that ED will forward the aircrafts.

If ED wouldn`t take over, all the money would be "gone" and we would get nothing back!

Other question: How about to open the possibility to pledge/increase our backer level?

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

This relates to DCSW Core as a Whole, and not specific to the WWII Project.

The 1st mention I saw about the map SDK came from Ilya and DCSWWII. If that's been discussed elsewhere please direct me to it.

I understand about the DS integration into the DSCW, but just want someone to give us a little inside scoop on both. Those are very important IMO to the success and future of the product.

I've been patient and quiet since I found out about the whole thing last month. I put in $40 because that's what would get me all the "new" planes. If I remember correctly, the Dora & Mustang were Not part of that originally. I considered upping my pledge but ultimately did not because I already own the mustang & am not very interested in the Dora. Last week the "best" information I could find was "$40 backers were getting all wwii planes + Mustang & Dora" which seemed like too much. I had an option to choose all available planes in my backers section.

Now I read this and find out I'm locked into a Mustang & Dora? That's not ok. I think it's safe to say a large majority of backers already own the Mustang, and those who do not, aren't interested in having it. I don't need or want a second copy of the Mustang. I would also much prefer the other aircraft to the Dora... Or else I would have bought the module, before it was any part of the kickstarter program.

The 262 was added on as a goal. I suggest you give the $40 backers the 109, Spit & P-47, as we'd originally signed up for. Give the 262 to higher level backers. Then give the option tho backers at higher level between the mustang and Dora, where that level reward is offered.

If it's purely economically NOT possible, then I suggest this. Backers have a choice of planes at their level (IE: $40 may choose any 2 WWII aircraft) then give us a non-transferable vouchers to purchase other WWII keys @ $15-20. Maybe even a second with a lesser discount.

However as I review this post, cutting us short on digital copies of goods due to economics is a cop out. It costs nothing to create digital copies. As for the physical copies.. That's a different story. I could see having to substitute some of those with discount vouchers.

"As we get closer to the launch of DCS: Fw 190 D-9 Dora in August 2014, we are working on a mechanism to provide an Alpha copy to $40 and up contributors." That's like a slap in the face right there. Seriously? Your going to give access to the Dora a less than a month before "release"?? Sorry, but this looks like a smoke screen.

Come on guys, you can do better than this.

• Like 1

I've been patient and quiet since I found out about the whole thing last month. I put in $40 because that's what would get me all the "new" planes. If I remember correctly, the Dora & Mustang were Not part of that originally. I considered upping my pledge but ultimately did not because I already own the mustang & am not very interested in the Dora. Last week the "best" information I could find was "$40 backers were getting all wwii planes + Mustang & Dora" which seemed like too much. I had an option to choose all available planes in my backers section.

Now I read this and find out I'm locked into a Mustang & Dora? That's not ok. I think it's safe to say a large majority of backers already own the Mustang, and those who do not, aren't interested in having it. I don't need or want a second copy of the Mustang. I would also much prefer the other aircraft to the Dora... Or else I would have bought the module, before it was any part of the kickstarter program.

The 262 was added on as a goal. I suggest you give the $40 backers the 109, Spit & P-47, as we'd originally signed up for. Give the 262 to higher level backers. Then give the option tho backers at higher level between the mustang and Dora, where that level reward is offered.

If it's purely economically NOT possible, then I suggest this. Backers have a choice of planes at their level (IE: $40 may choose any 2 WWII aircraft) then give us a non-transferable vouchers to purchase other WWII keys @ $15-20. Maybe even a second with a lesser discount.

However as I review this post, cutting us short on digital copies of goods due to economics is a cop out. It costs nothing to create digital copies. As for the physical copies.. That's a different story. I could see having to substitute some of those with discount vouchers.

"As we get closer to the launch of DCS: Fw 190 D-9 Dora in August 2014, we are working on a mechanism to provide an Alpha copy to $40 and up contributors." That's like a slap in the face right there. Seriously? Your going to give access to the Dora a less than a month before "release"?? Sorry, but this looks like a smoke screen.

Come on guys, you can do better than this.

It still costs money to develop the Aircraft

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Awarding me a plane I already own is of no value. How much is a P-51D key worth on the open market when the sale price is already dirt cheap and just about anyone that would have ever wanted it already got a key from the Kickstarter campaign.

For me, my award works out to be: $20 for Normandy and $20 for Fw190D9. That isn't too bad. Given a choice between a refund, nothing at all, or the Dora and a map, I will gladly take the latter.

All of the bonuses awarded to me for buying everything at full price expired before any new products were released. Theoretically, I still have a coupon for being suckered in on the UH-1H, where the price dropped dramatically in just two weeks.

I would be a fool if I ever gave anything to another DCS related crowd funding campaign given how the WW2 and MiG-21bis have turned out. I would also be a fool to ever buy anything from ED at full price. The delay is minimal to get useful savings (two weeks!), and if you wait long enough, you get them for practically nothing. Unless I really want a particular module as soon as possible, I can wait. Clearly that is what most people are doing or ED wouldn't be slashing their prices so fast. I just hope ED can sustain itself given the costs vs the returns.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So at 40 dollars I'm stuck with getting another key for the P-51 (which I already had since day one) and the Dora which I didn't want. The only WWII air frames I wanted were the Thunderbolt and Spitfire.

:doh::mad::no_sad::chair::pain::censored::furious::badmood::protest::Flush::ranting:

If limited to two aircraft why not let us choose which two?

Oh well, just something else ED has done I can't be happy with. At least it is business as usual.

While I'm getting less that was promised, I completely understand the reasons and I'm fine with that.

That said, this would be a much easier pill to swallow if I could get my loyalty balance (that I was never able to use) back to contribute toward these purchases when they become available.

I am happy for this simple matrix off rewards, but I would suggest to reuse the award selection under the profile and let people choose their plane.

As a 30$ backer I will get P-51, which I already have and also everyone else I know. I would prefer any other plane than P-51 and the selector in the profile would allow just that.