[Mi-8] Radio Tutorial ?

yes i know that why i write it :)

It's a BLU, 2-17.999MHz AM

I can receive a transmition from an unit in V/UHF and VHF FM but not with Jadro 1-A.

Not Implemented? Forget something ?

Belsimtek, i need manual please.

People fly planes, pilots fly helicopters

Did you change your switch from intercom to radio on the same panel as radio selection rotary. Posting from phone cant watch track

yes i did

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

I think I have it, I have watched your track and I believe it is because you use the default communication key. In options you need to assign radio key for pilot "Radio Trigger RADIO" is the one to assign The keyboard shortcut is RALT + \

:thumbup:

You can tell it is right if you see R-838 (or whatever radio your using) instead of the word MAIN

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think I have it, I have watched your track and I believe it is because you use the default communication key. In options you need to assign radio key for pilot "Radio Trigger RADIO" is the one to assign The keyboard shortcut is RALT + \

:thumbup:

You can tell it is right if you see R-838 (or whatever radio your using) instead of the word MAIN

thanks, it worked.

Edited by uboats

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

• 3 months later...

Necro'ing this thread because I still have no clue after doing all the steps people suggested in here.

I have the radio trigger working on my joystick. It pulls up R-863 radio menu. I have the channel set correctly on the center console. switch is not on intercom, but on radio. AM frequency, laryngophone is off (Pretty much exactly like the highlighted pictures on page 1 of this thread). I even fiddled with all the volume knobs I could find to make sure they were set to max volume.

Is there some kind of power switch for the R-863 that I am missing? Something that is NOT automatically flipped on during an autostart procedure? (Yeah I been using autostart lately, still trying to learn the helo)

Is it because I am trying to contact a FARP? Do they not work the same as regular airport ATC?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

YouTube ~ Twitch

FARP's are very difficult to get an answer from in my experience. Best test would be change the start to somewhere like batumi and see if you can contact the ATC on 131.000 If my memory is correct. Yup just checked before posting;) AT least you can rule out pilot error

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Do you put a FARP command point next to your FARP? I believe that's needed for the FARP radio to work.

Can you contact airfield towers normally?

Yes and I did not test to see if I could contact a regular airfield tower since my mission I am creating had me out in the middle of nowhere.

^^^ you need to put an ATC truck on the farp to contact it.

An ATC truck? That's a thing? Ok For the Russian side, what am I looking for in the ground vehicles? What name?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

YouTube ~ Twitch

An ATC truck? That's a thing? Ok For the Russian side, what am I looking for in the ground vehicles? What name?

The unit is called CP SKP-11 ATC Mobile Command Post under the unarmed units

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)