Datalink and Buddylasing

Andre92

Hi,

Will the upcoming DCS A-10C feature Link16 and Buddylasing?

Both are nice things to play with during Multiplayer missions.

It would also be nice if we would be able to hotpit refuel and re-arm. During the last conflicts most A-10 crews flew multiple missions during a day, getting their new assignments and brief during the re-arming process.

Couldn´t find anything about this searching these forums.

Cheers,

André

Hi,

Will the upcoming DCS A-10C feature Link16 and Buddylasing?

Both are nice things to play with during Multiplayer missions.

The A-10C has SADL, not Link16. I don't know if they are compatible, however.

It would also be nice if we would be able to hotpit refuel and re-arm. During the last conflicts most A-10 crews flew multiple missions during a day, getting their new assignments and brief during the re-arming process.

This is already possible in BS, so i'm quite sure it will be in WH too.

• Like 1

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

The A-10C has SADL, not Link16. I don't know if they are compatible, however.
FYI the Situational Awareness Datalink (SADL) transmits over Link16. Think of the SADL as a radio and Link16 as a set of frequencies (much more complicated than that IRL, including message formatting, timing, etc., but works for an explanation). There are many different radios that use Link 16 (The US uses the "J" messages in the Link 16 architecture, so, for US users, "TADIL J" is the same thing as "Link 16").

Situational Awareness Datalink

Decent one-page summary of Link 16

Shoot to Kill.

Play to Have Fun.

Thanks for the info.

Link16 is a standard implemented by the USAF and also used by NATO Partners to have a common interface for datasharing.

The details are probably classified, but the important part for DCS is, i think, the usage for Multiplayer missions.

F.e., For the CAS Mission you can use it to transmit Markpoints to playmates. They can use these to setup their attack run.

Cheers,

André

True, but Link 16 its not really used by the A-10, its SADL. As mentioned earlier, SADL is designed for CAS and is used by the A-10 primarily to maintain SA on ground forces. The a-10 cannot display targets on a link 16 network unless their is a unit with a SADL/TADIL J gateway on the net. The attachments in Einsteins post suggest these gateways are fitted to F-16s and EC-130s, but I would guess they would also be on other C2 aircraft that contain Link 11 and other TADIL gateways.

In the context of this sim I guess this doesn't really matter anyway, its all datalink, except unless there is a gateway simulated, you wont have TADIL J targets from F-15s or other non SADL users.

Edited by Kaiza
[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]