Interview with Matt Wagner and New Screens from DCS: A10

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will!

I found the post I saw it in, but I didn't realise it was said 3 years ago :D, sorry. It's here. Times change..

I stand corrected :)

Sounds like a joke to me though :huh:

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Well, at the risk of having to search the forum again :D; isn't the new menu/editor in OpenGL?

Would make sense to move to OpenGL anyway, at least it leaves the door open for mac/linux versions further down the line.

Edit: if Chizh's OpenGL comment was said in jest/joke I apologize for misquoting.

Edited by kam

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

Well, at the risk of having to search the forum again :D; isn't the new menu/editor in OpenGL?

Would make sense to move to OpenGL anyway, at least it leaves the door open for mac/linux versions further down the line.

Edit: if Chizh's OpenGL comment was said in jest/joke I apologize for misquoting.

I'm just wondering, maybe they do want to move to OpenGL in the long term, but i would be really surprised, since AFAIK, OpenGL has fallen quite short on it's promised features lately and is quite some time behind DirectX now.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

I'm just wondering, maybe they do want to move to OpenGL in the long term, but i would be really surprised, since AFAIK, OpenGL has fallen quite short on it's promised features lately and is quite some time behind DirectX now.

Even Oleg Maddox, crusader of the OpenGL-Technology has realized that it makes no sense to build a modern game on OpenGL and shifted to DirectX. Apparently the technology and development-tools for OpenGL has not developed as hoped, whereas DX10 and above turned out to bring more benefits than most players and producers expected.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Even Oleg Maddox, crusader of the OpenGL-Technology has realized that it makes no sense to build a modern game on OpenGL and shifted to DirectX.

Oleg never really gave a crap, he was dependent on his programmer. Anyways that is another story.... back on topic.

Ο ΤΟΛΜΩΝ ΝΙΚΑ

http://www.hellenicsqn.com

(under construction)

I have a question! A really silly and stupid one. By far the most hilarious one on a sim like this. Now... Here it goes. In FC2/BS we have the pilots model head animated so when you turn your head in the sim, outside the head turns, but this is only true in the lateral plane, so, is the head movements/body, implemented in all planes in A-10C?

Forgive me the stupid question, but it would be cool in the ramp to see the pilots head/body, moving while some perform procedures. :D :doh:

Edited by Focha
Spelling.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

I think the head only animates left to right now right? I doubt they're going to spend time on more elaborate animations. Ramp starts I would assume would have every pilots head down, most would miss the more elaborate animations anyway making the attention to that detail unoticed.

It would be cool though.

I think the head only animates left to right now right? I doubt they're going to spend time on more elaborate animations. Ramp starts I would assume would have every pilots head down, most would miss the more elaborate animations anyway making the attention to that detail unoticed.

It would be cool though.

Yeah... I think you are right. But I guess that up/down animations should be quick enough to implement. Well it's only a small detail.

Regards.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits