[SP] Sam Hunt

winz

titlek.jpg

(http://files.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/144328/)

OK pilots, here is the situation. As you are all probably aware, in the beginning of the war we used HARMs to destroy enemy radar sites. The enemy quickly adapted by switching their radars off and turning them on only for a brief period of time, insufficient for a successful HARM strike. Our magnificent air campaign has a serious flaw, gentlemen. Even though we’re hitting the enemy hard, we still got plenty of dormant radar SAM sites. Command has identified two SA-3 sites and two SA-6 sites close to the border, and our HARMs can do nothing with them.

These dormant SAM sites present a big problem for the upcoming ground war. Every plane flying CAS would be in great threat from those sites, and if our CAS planes cannot carry out our missions and prevent friendlies from being killed…I guess you get the picture.

Command wants those sites gone, and they want to be sure they are gone, that’s why they are tasking the A-10s to do that job. We’ll fly in, destroy their search and tracking radars, and get the hell out. You’ll lead the first two-ship to go in. Your callsign is UZI 1 and your mission is to take out a SA-3 site closest to the border, in the vicinity of Sukhumi-Babushara airport. Your targets are the P-19 “Flat Face B” target acquisition radar, and the SNR-125 “Low Blow” tracking radar. Don’t mess around with the launchers, they are useless without their radars.

Now for some good news, you’ll have SEAD cover. Command is tasking a four-ship flight of F/A-18C, callsign FORD 4 to cover your butt in case the enemy decides to use their radar SAMs against you. If they do, get the hell out ASAP, and let the SEAD do its job. Stay S-E of the target and don’t fly deeper into the enemy territory then you have to. You can be sure they will go after you if you make yourself a certain kill.

I’ll be honest with you, this is not the kind of mission we trained for and is not the kind of mission our plane was designed to do, but it’s the kind of mission Command thinks we’re best equipped to do, and we’re not going to prove them wrong. It’s a shitty job, but someone has to do it.

If you happen to have some spare ammunition left after you took out those radars, and are in mood for some more action, then head for killbox Charlie, there are plenty of enemy artilleries. Pig will be tasked with striking them, but you’re welcome to join the party. Dismiss.

Editor Notes:

1) This is my first take on any mission, and even though it is a simple one, there might be some bugs present. Sooo, if you find some, please report them. Also constructive criticism is always welcomed. :)

2) The default payload is without a TGP, this is on purpose, one of the challenges I intended for the pilot, is to use its maverick seeker to identify the radars (by using the areal image from briefing).

3) Don’t expect any ‘Mission complete’ messages while you’re in the target area (we are spoiled by these messages). Command is tasking you to take out those radars, and you have to know if they are out, not some mission script. Head back home when you think that you have met your mission objectives. You’ll get evaluation on your way home.

Have fun and enjoy :pilotfly:

Oh, and big thanks to DannyV for his realistic templates - http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=82161 they helped me alot.

Edited by winz

• 3 weeks later...