F-15C Damage model rework soon?

I've one too many a time run into F-15s that just won't go down after a missile hit even head on regardless of missile type, AIM-9s, R-60s what have you.

These have relatively small warheads against relatively big aircraft. How do you know how far off were the explosions? Was the target defending and using CM? How do you know the damage done?

It's not binary game - either hit right into pilot's head, blowing engines on the way out, or no hit at all.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

ED is working on a warbirds damage model. They once said this framework will be then used to improve other units. Wags recently said this will be for updated Combined Arms (ground units), so hopefully, we will see this applied to air assets alike.

I think someone was mentioning this issue with Eagle regarding multiplayer already some time back.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

These have relatively small warheads against relatively big aircraft. How do you know how far off were the explosions? Was the target defending and using CM? How do you know the damage done?

It's not binary game - either hit right into pilot's head, blowing engines on the way out, or no hit at all.

I know the damage done because I have been on both sides have had missiles whack me head on and have fired close enough shots with as I said before not only R-60s but bigger missiles like AIM-9s and R-73s too see the eagle continue fighting as though nothing at all had happened after direct head on hits.

ED is working on a warbirds damage model. They once said this framework will be then used to improve other units. Wags recently said this will be for updated Combined Arms (ground units), so hopefully, we will see this applied to air assets alike.

I think someone was mentioning this issue with Eagle regarding multiplayer already some time back.

Good to see they are doing something thank you for that

The F-15C/J has been hit by air to air missiles on 3 occasions in RL, twice by AIM-9 (training switch errors) and once by R-60 (Israel/Syria conflict). Of those, two of the aircraft returned and were repaired.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• 2 weeks later...

I've been hit by a lot of missiles (I'm not very good) and I've never suffered no damage, can only think of two times I was still flying, including the event documented here. The ai is nuts, you see em do 13 10g barrel rolls in a row without losing energy, or consciousness. But live, I dunno. Does it have to be a one shot kill every time? Is *that* realistic? I don't know that it's the damage model as much as it is the ai flight model, I mean dang

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

I did a test with head on shots from a Flanker and Mirage with medium range missiles.

F-15 vs Super 530 head on: 8 out of 10 dead on first shot

F-15 vs ER head on: 10 out of 10 dead on first shot.

I will do side aspect and cold aspect too and the same tests against a Mirage.....

But as you can see, you can stop crying about invincible F-15.... all the aircraft survive that one lucky shot, so yeah.... don't be biased

EDIT:

Did 5 more Super 530 shots with a side aspect on the Eagle, every one of them was a single shot kill

Did the same tests with the Mirage and it also died every time, but the interesting thing was that most of the time it was the pilot who died, not the aircraft.

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Most of this threads pop up just after someone get shot in MP by already splashed bandit.

The problem with this may have many sources and I think primary is the net code - clients desync (one client have splash and sees the bandit without wings while the guy is flying ok with only minor damage). To prove the bug you would need both parties involved in testing - providing tracks, videos from external view and the like - which is obviously hard to do in normal play.

As it's not binary (either total damage or no damage at all) it can also sometimes be just explosion from too far away (almost avoided) and luckily no major damage received.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Most of this threads pop up just after someone get shot in MP by already splashed bandit.

The problem with this may have many sources and I think primary is the net code - clients desync (one client have splash and sees the bandit without wings while the guy is flying ok with only minor damage). To prove the bug you would need both parties involved in testing - providing tracks, videos from external view and the like - which is obviously hard to do in normal play.

As it's not binary (either total damage or no damage at all) it can also sometimes be just explosion from too far away (almost avoided) and luckily no major damage received.

Not at all im not really bothered getting shot down, Im just saying why SU-27 and 33 are like paper air-planes and disintegrate from a 120C But F-15 takes ER as per my post and flies around and guns you? Thats my point. Proof sounds like a no video didnt happen, Clearly my screenshot shows otherwise however.

Its ok no worries is not the first time most people in DCS have seen it happen not your fault :)

Yeah, a lot of people seeing the same happening to Flankers, Mirages, MiG-21s..... oh MiG-21s..... so yeah.... don't be biased

Maybe your buddy (you know who) has gotten a bit inside your head :music_whistling:, no offence :)

EDIT:

huh funny thing... just decided to try how the Super 530D does against a head on Flanker (Su-27) and it survived 2 out of 3 shots, I guess I will do 10 tests on that too to add to the video (just for you ^.^)

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Has nothing to do with that to be honest,, Its what i see often in MP :) It just maybe that its MP itself.

Common situation in Arma, too. In something as sensitive to 'position error' as these two games are, a touch of lag, mild desync etc can result in hits/misses that appear otherwise. 'A little' won't show up as something obvious like warping, but ot can make the difference betweem kill/no kill and it only takes a moment at the right instant.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I've finished recording all the tests so far, but putting them all in a video which won't be too long will take me some time.... painful editing....

I too believe MP actually plays a big role

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'