F-15C Missile Tracking Issue

killerquagmire

Hey guys, I'm not sure whats going on but my game was working fine until today. Now for whatever reason when I lock a target in BVR and get the launch lights, I fire but my missile doesn't track the target box. in fact it just flies off in a direction nowhere near the target. I'm making sure the target is locked in TWS and inside of 10 miles but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Any idea what's going on here???

More information would be great. Screenshots, tracks, tacview.

I think the bug is in the mission itself. Two of the fast start missions to be exact. I tried a regular mission and it seemed to work fine. I've also noticed that some of the missions have a navigation bug where the HSI will sometimes point you in the opposite direction from the way point. I'm really surprised that the F-15C is so bugged and still listed as beta given it's been around in the game so long. One of the two missions that came with the module (operation clean sweep) is unplayable. A plane spawns on top of you at start and there's no way to move it.

I'm a complete noob, only two weeks in but I will try to be more prepared with that info you suggested if the issue becomes persistent. Thanks.

I think the bug is in the mission itself. Two of the fast start missions to be exact. I tried a regular mission and it seemed to work fine. I've also noticed that some of the missions have a navigation bug where the HSI will sometimes point you in the opposite direction from the way point. I'm really surprised that the F-15C is so bugged and still listed as beta given it's been around in the game so long. One of the two missions that came with the module (operation clean sweep) is unplayable. A plane spawns on top of you at start and there's no way to move it.

I'm a complete noob, only two weeks in but I will try to be more prepared with that info you suggested if the issue becomes persistent. Thanks.

You're still not being exact. What is the mission name? What missile is not following the target? The missile does not always go toward the box. It flies to the intercept point or just can't follow the target anymore due to its sensor gimbal limits and/or the initial bad launch parameters. Were you trying to use AIM-7/9 with TWS?

I'm using latest OpenBeta and own the FC3 module. If you use stable and/or standalone the mission files may differ. You actually visited the thread and this post:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3542103&postcount=4

The files are still available to download and I tested the "Clan Sweep" to be fine (although in my case the mission works from the box).

If you happen to have troubles with the campaign too here are the files to download:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3301743/

Afaik HSI works just fine (and I fly a lot of different missions frequently so HSI is my friend), F-15C is definitely not bugged and is not beta either. If you mean the little tile description at the DCS main menu - it doesn't make sense unless you think Mig-21 module is in the "buy" state or the M2000C needs v2.0 :)

I also tried Instant Action "F-15C Intercept" mission and it works OK for me.

If you find any bug or what you think may be wrong, please be really exact, what, where and how. Best to use screenshots and Save track option at the end of the mission and attach the file for us. Happy flying.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria