Fuel bugs or my control mistake?

biller

Uhm...I mean.. Sometimes I spawn in a L-39 on the parking lot hot and I open the canopy and ask the ground the service to refuel and rearm.

After I take off, a red warning light showing fuel 150kg on the front left warning light panel is lit and the plane's engine will shut automatically shortly after.

I don't know whether it is a bug or I didn't follow the proper control procedure....I just tried to fly L-39 when I translated its miz files...

The 150 kg fuel warning / engine shut down was introduced in one of the early patches (1.5.3 perhaps?).

It's caused when using near Max throttle (n1=106%) and negative G manoeuvres i.e. pushing the nose down for 5 seconds.

Even after levelling out, the 150 kg fuel warning will remain on and the engine eventually shut down unless the throttle is reduced. Once the throttle is reduced and n1 falls below n1=~90%, the fuel warning will extinguish and normal flight/throttle settings can resume.

There's an aux tank that holds 20s of fuel for inverted flight, that takes another 20s to refill but I haven't read of the behaviour we see in DCS.

Perhaps there's a valve/tank that pressurises with bleed air that will only release when the throttle is backed off. OTOH looking at the T.O. 1T-L39C-1 fuel schematic (figure FO-1), it looks like a bug?

Tested in L-39C/ZA in DCS 1.5.4.57288 (Steam).

Edited by Ramsay
Took a second look at the L-39C Fuel Schematic

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

The 150 kg fuel warning / engine shut down was introduced in one of the early patches (1.5.2 perhaps?).

It's caused when using near Max throttle (n1=106%) and negative G manoeuvres i.e. pushing the nose down for 5 seconds.

Even after levelling out, the 150 kg fuel warning will remain on and the engine eventually shut down unless the throttle is reduced. Once the throttle is reduced and n1 falls below n1=~90%, the fuel warning will extinguish and normal flight/throttle settings can resume.

There's an aux tank that holds 20s of fuel for inverted flight, that takes another 20s to refill but I haven't read of the behaviour we see in DCS.

Perhaps there's a valve/tank that pressurises with bleed air that will only release when the throttle is backed off. OTOH looking at the T.O. 1T-L39C-1 fuel schematic (figure FO-1), it looks like a bug?

Tested in L-39C/ZA in DCS 1.5.4.57288 (Steam).

Ah...Got that..

Thanks a lot.. I might have to mind my throttle.....