A must watch for WWII lovers

Hueyman

Probably many of you did know this, I don't... but I'm sure all of you already watched " The Battle of Britain ", shot in 1969, probably the best WWII Aviation Era movie ever made, with real aircraft in it ( not a bunch of pixels liek nowadays ), and real aces into it ( Adolf Galland to say the least )

So if you liked it you may want to watch this...

[ame]

[/ame]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

Yes, great battle scenes in this movie!

And featuring HA-1112's instead of Bf-109's! First time I saw a close-up, I wondered what happened to their poor noses ;)

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

I'm not saying he is wrong ( I certainly can't speak from experience) but it might also be worth highlighting that he is trying to sell the 109's (HA-1112) to possibly someone who is holding out for the right P-51 restoration project so his descriptions could be a tad on the bias side.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the street and then getting hit by an airplane."

Dogs of War Dedicated WWII Server Thread

I'm not saying he is wrong ( I certainly can't speak from experience) but it might also be worth highlighting that he is trying to sell the 109's (HA-1112) to possibly someone who is holding out for the right P-51 restoration project so his descriptions could be a tad on the bias side.

Isn't the guy a billionaire? I think he was just trying to sell them before he died himself or just depressed because his son died. I'm surprised if his son was such a great aviator they hadn't restored at least one years ago. It seems the guy had a ton of hours in alot of WWII props but it would be nice to see replies from other pilots with time in these frames. We've all seen the articles about stick forces and this seems to back up some of it. One of the planes he sold was a P-51 and they all sold really quick.

For WW2 warbirds you can find a quote that backs up just about any opinion you'd like to have about fighter performance. This video isn't worth picking apart.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Those are not wartime Bf109s tho, they are Merlin enginedHA-1112 M1L "Buchon" from about 1954.

Same airframe though, albeit they are even heavier than the wartime 109's, so...

Furthermore his words just mirror what Skip Holm and other have said:

TFl8X4y9-94

Edited by Hummingbird

For those who are interested (and slightly OT) two Dunkirk-era Spitfires have been recovered and restored over the last few years: N3200 is the most recent [NB: some generalizations during the commentary].