• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Just 2 little videos to show weapons first implementation

Cannon -> http://youtu.be/NivE67V0d0M

HOT missiles --> http://youtu.be/2cBo1NzQm5o

The targeting system was not done at the moment of the videos, so the HOTs fly ballistic...

To be continued ...

Oh, Would some of you have photos of french gazelle pilots suited for flight to share, any else country will do too, soon the Gazelle will show a brand new 3D cockpit entirely remade plus HD pilot and copilot

Thanks

Hi Pat,

good work! :thumbup:

Are you doing the M or the L Version?

regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great, that helo looks really cool already!

btw:

I think maybe you should consider talking to Fragger (the guy who does the Bo-105), you two might be able to share some assets to make both of your work even better, especially the HOT weapon system, which is the same one in both helos IIRC.

I'm not even a helo fan but I'm looking forward to this. :)

Regards

Aginor

Great, that helo looks really cool already!

btw:

I think maybe you should consider talking to Fragger (the guy who does the Bo-105), you two might be able to share some assets to make both of your work even better, especially the HOT weapon system, which is the same one in both helos IIRC.

I'm not even a helo fan but I'm looking forward to this. :)

Regards

Aginor

Sounds like a very good plan to me.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Oh, Would some of you have photos of french gazelle pilots suited for flight to share, any else country will do too, soon the Gazelle will show a brand new 3D cockpit entirely remade plus HD pilot and copilot

Congratulations for your creation! It would be a "buy" for me when it gets finished! Greek Cypriot forces use this helicopter equipped with HOT missiles! They have a very nice desert-like skin!

1495329.jpg

Maybe something like this

:)

yeah.... now that looks like a serious bit kit

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Hi,

Weapons Step 2 : Feature for the pilot to fire gun or HOT missiles (for playability)

Feature beeing activated/Deactivated in Options screen

Gun reticle is not movable and HOT missiles are fire and forget style for the piot

Next step will be the same for the copilot + TV screen + commands + gun slaved to the target + missile guidance during its flight to the target

Pilot Gun

http://youtu.be/h9RNfSUN74Q

Pilot HOT missiles

http://youtu.be/sREJoH4OIlI

Of course cockpit is not representative of the final product

I like it, thanks for the update, Pat!

About the gun: I love the recoil effect, you can really feel that the Gazelle is a light helicopter. Which gun did you build in, the 20mm? It looks a bit too strong maybe. I mean the explosions. I might be wrong though.

Keep up the good work!

Edited by Aginor

Hi,

Weapons Step 2 : Feature for the pilot to fire gun or HOT missiles (for playability)

Feature beeing activated/Deactivated in Options screen

Gun reticle is not movable and HOT missiles are fire and forget style for the piot

Next step will be the same for the copilot + TV screen + commands + gun slaved to the target + missile guidance during its flight to the target

Pilot Gun

http://youtu.be/h9RNfSUN74Q

Pilot HOT missiles

http://youtu.be/sREJoH4OIlI

Of course cockpit is not representative of the final product

sounds fantastic pat , great work .

Wow! Good progress... in cockpit sounds neat. Did you just trim, or use any auto hover for the HOT launch?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Hi,

@Aginor, old GIAT M621 20mm Gun, The explosions are the game's ones, I didn't change anything with them

The Gun recoil effect has been parametered so I can controll it, just to set the best amount

The missiles don't involve any recoil (my own point of view), I'll have to get confirmation from real pilots

@Shagrat, no auto hover, just a stability augmentation system with all axis not trimmed (to 0), the trim system is like the ka-50 at the moment (move the stick in position and press the key/button)

For aerobatic manoeuvers (looping, complete roll ...) one will have to switch the "Autopilot" (much more like a stability augmentation system) OFF

The yaw axis of the SAS also deals with the rotor counter-moment for you

Really challenging flying without the SAS, Fortunately you can activate/deactivate axis one by one

Edited by Pat01

Amazing work Pat keep it up!

I'm glad to here you are getting and sharing info with other teams, this will help move DCS modding forward.

There has been to much of this "private mod" super secretive stuff over the years.

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

Hi,

...The missiles don't involve any recoil (my own point of view), I'll have to get confirmation from real pilots

Missiles 9M14-2T (Serbian Air Force) when launching - no recoil.

6.-HN-45M-12920-640x426.jpg

For HOT missiles I don't know.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Everything is possible ...