Armed House can function as JTAC

Ripcord

I didn't think it would work but I tested it out anyway. Sure enough, the Armed House unit will serve just fine as a JTAC. Hell they even marked an APC with willy pete for me!

Kinda pleasantly surprised, didn't expect that one to work.

The manual says that it simply needs to be an armed unit, so there you go.

I thought this might be a nice way to simulate working with special forces on the ground, who are on foot behind the lines..... say in a village somewhere.

Heck, maybe I should go as far as testing the Infantry guys, with the M249 and the M4. Might be able to simulate a seal team or group or rangers or something.

EDIT: Sure enough, the Infantry Troops will also serve just fine as a JTAC. Didn't mark my APC target like the Armed House did, but still did the job. Learned something today!

Edited by Ripcord
Tested Infantry as well
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC]sigpic65507_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

My thoughts as well, HJ.

Special Forces units can be inserted far behind enemy lines, in places where a regular recon unit in couple of hummers could not reach without detection.

And they would not hesitate to call in a pair of A-10s for support as needed.

Opens up a lot of fun and realistic CAS mission scenarios in my mind.

• 2 weeks later...
Just got DCS World and CA, and.... no more Armed House.

Sh....t this was a very good idea!

Armed House

Armed Barracks

Armed Watchtower

were left out of 1.2.0. I think it was an oversight and will be back in the next update.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

Crap, i didnt notise that. Oh well, must leave some of my older missions untouched then.

Guys, Grimes posted in another thread that this was a known issue and it would be addressed in the next patch. So no worries....

• 2 months later...

You can put infantry on the roof. It is a little tricky with the placement as the infantry will sometime spawn inside the building at certain locations, but it is certainly possible.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum