Quickly getting TGP on target?

-Ice

Fly online with a buddy is how I do it. One will draw out the AAA or a SAM while the other marks on his hud. Very effective.

Other way is get spiked and stay out of range. Wait until a different person that is flying online not on TS get shot at. Usually can get a sensor on it when that happens.

I agree with Tharos. If your in range of a sam or AAA and your messing with equipment and not turning away from the threat, your gonna get in trouble

So you mark your pos when defensive, then deal with it once you're masked or outside of envelope. Once you use your SA assets enough, there's no decisive latency involved. I can perform the above operation in just a few seconds. I leave my TAD in Hook/Curs, so it's just a matter of TAD SOI, Mark, EXP2, Slew, Mark.

On using the TAD/CDU and other SA assets:

It's my opinion that your level of involvement with your flight instruments and assets are directly proportionate to your situational awareness.

I've been in eminent danger during war and I can tell you this with all certainty:

Uncertainty will kill you every time. Situational Awareness is, in effect, the only certainty you'll be provided. Situational Awareness is digesting knowledge of the battlefield and acting accordingly. LACK of Situational Awareness is allowing the battlefield to digest you. (StrongHarm, 2011 :smilewink:)

Do you want to color by numbers, or will you paint a masterpiece of destruction on a canvas of situational awareness?

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm