Live Back Seater not able to fire Phoenix

j-tk

Is it impossible for the back seater to fire the Phoenix with a Live pilot, or is my RIO just missing something in the target lock/radar/missile setup, as the Phoenix button doesn't even light up for him when he has a target locked in STT mode.

Thanks All!

6D80k38.jpg

It works for me without a track it's hard to say. Do you have a hot trigger light in the front cockpit?

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Yup, have everything including Phoenix set and ready to fire up front, just seems he never gets the light on the push button back there. The only video I've seen them being fired from the back was when someone was jumping back and forth using Jester/Iceman

6D80k38.jpg

And that's the problem. I can fire them off like candy, but he can't, even holding the button in. Why I was wondering if there was some setup with the radar we were missing, but I figured even in STT on our Russian Bear trainer map shoukd let him. We have an awacs with data link, he's even gone and hooked/manually designated target as hostile, but no luck. So was hoping someone who uses a live back seater coukd try for me and confirm it's working and we're just 8up.

6D80k38.jpg

I fly as the RIO too. There is literally only one thing the RIO needs to do for the A variant Phoenix, and that's flip the cooling switch for the AWG-9 forward so it's also piped to the Phoenix, otherwise backwards as the C variant doesn't need it. All other setup is handled by the pilot.

The RIO could also flip the switch on a specific Phoenix station to ensure that Phoenix is fired, but that's about it.

If your RIO sees PH on the bottom right of their TID (meaning the pilot has the Phoenix selected) and the master arm is on, then they should be able to fire it. If they don't see the PH on their TID, then the pilot hasn't selected it.

Check that the ACM guard is down

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick

I fly as the RIO too. There is literally only one thing the RIO needs to do for the A variant Phoenix, and that's flip the cooling switch for the AWG-9 forward so it's also piped to the Phoenix, otherwise backwards as the C variant doesn't need it. All other setup is handled by the pilot.

The RIO could also flip the switch on a specific Phoenix station to ensure that Phoenix is fired, but that's about it.

If your RIO sees PH on the bottom right of their TID (meaning the pilot has the Phoenix selected) and the master arm is on, then they should be able to fire it. If they don't see the PH on their TID, then the pilot hasn't selected it.

C variant needs it......C+ does not.

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

https://www.csg-1.com/

DCS F-14 Pilot/RIO Discord:

https://discord.gg/6bbthxk

Anyone been able to do this on any servers yet? Ran through again this AM, went step by step, and even when I can rifle off 6 phoenix in a row, his launch light never lights up, and pushing/push holding does nothing at any range, from close in at 20, out to 60.

Thank You!

6D80k38.jpg

No, haven’t seen it. The number one reason I’ve seen for this is the ACM guard being up. Lots of guys assume it’s part of fencing in and it’s not. It’s about the only thing that will lead to a hot trigger in front but not in back.

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick

Anyone been able to do this on any servers yet? Ran through again this AM, went step by step, and even when I can rifle off 6 phoenix in a row, his launch light never lights up, and pushing/push holding does nothing at any range, from close in at 20, out to 60.

Thank You!

I shot 2 Phoenix from the back seat today on our server no problem. Did you check the ACM guard like Spiceman said ?

PS the light itself like a lot in the back is not lit properly right now a reported bug. Hold the button anyway for 2 seconds just to check it won't fire.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Edited by WindyTX

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses