I’ve just experienced my FIRST VR dogfight. OMG ????

Cowboy10uk

Hi all, well despite having a VR headset since the DK2 days, I’ve have only ever used it for pleasure flights in the Huey, due to the clarity not being good enough for me to spot any targets let alone fight with it.

Anyway long story short, I upgraded to the S a few days ago, and since the clarity is significantly improved I’ve been flying DCS in it exclusively, since it has made such a difference.

Last night I decided to take up a spitfire and do a flight over Normandy, using the excellent into the Inferno mission generator considering it is the 75th anniversary, and during this flight I became engaged with 2 FW190s.

What can I say, dogfighting in VR, has to be one of the most engaging, immersive and damn right tiring experiences I have ever had in my entire gaming and simming life.

Trying to follow, while moving your entire body, keeping the other aircraft in sight and getting a successful attack takes a lot of work I’ve found.

Now while I may not of survived the encounter, due to a lucky hit by the 190, one round, just one round hit the side of my canopy and hit me in the head, during a tight left turn. I came out of it, beaming from ear to ear. THIS is what VR is about, THIS is what simming is meant to be like.

If you’ve never tried it, I can not recommend this enough.

The future is bright, the future is VR. :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Awesome Cowboy...

I too have had some mind blowing moments in VR Dogfights since getting the S.

Agree with this is “ what simming is meant to be like”.

Cant count how many times I just go “WOW”.

We have come a long way since I started with Janes Fighter Anthology.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Awesome Cowboy...

I too have had some mind blowing moments in VR Dogfights since getting the S.

Agree with this is “ what simming is meant to be like”.

Cant count how many times I just go “WOW”.

We have come a long way since I started with Janes Fighter Anthology.

Wow, Janes. I loved their sims, Pretty sure I had all of them on the Amiga.

But will agree, what we have now is a whole different ballgame significantly for the better.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

I love reading these "first vr flight" threads :) I'm sure others were entertained by mine as well . Welcome to the future !

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Hmm, ZX Spectrum eh? Okay, I'll raise with a Hellcat Ace on the Commodore 64.

A-10C, AV-8B, F-16C, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, UH-1H, FC3, CA, WWII, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Gaming Rig: I7 7700k @5GHz, Corsair H115i Water Cooling, 32GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600MHz DDR4 SDRAM, Aorus GeForce GTX 1080Ti, 2 x Samsung 960 Pro M.2 1TB NVMe SSD's, Warthog HOTAS w/ Slew mod, MFG Crosswind Pedals, 2 x TM Cougar MFD's, Oculus Rift-S, TrackIR 5, Asus ROG PG3480 34" GSync Monitor @3440x1440-100Hz, Asus 27" Monitor @1920x1080-144Hz, Windows 10 x64

Personally i started on 747 on the BBC Micro

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]