SimShaker for DCS World Sound Mode Expansion - Discussion - Page 3 - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2015, 10:15 AM   #21
=Andre=
Veteran
 
=Andre='s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Volgograd, Russia, GMT+4
Posts: 2,324
Arrow

Gents, does anyone test configuration with 2 transducers (left + right)?
__________________
SimShaker for DCS Word discussions at ED forum:
SimShaker and JetSeats (in English) ,
SimShaker and Buttkickers (in English),
SimShaker dev blog, downloads, manuals(in English).


=Andre= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 11:34 AM   #22
AussieM8
Junior Member
 
AussieM8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 85
Default

Hi Andrey

The link is not working

You can download 'Sound Mode Expansion Module' setup file by the following Link.

Cheers
__________________
AussieM8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 11:43 AM   #23
=Andre=
Veteran
 
=Andre='s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Volgograd, Russia, GMT+4
Posts: 2,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieM8 View Post
Hi Andrey

The link is not working

You can download 'Sound Mode Expansion Module' setup file by the following Link.

Cheers
Hi Stuart,
just cheked it again. Link works well at my side.
I can send you the file by e-mail. Should I?
__________________
SimShaker for DCS Word discussions at ED forum:
SimShaker and JetSeats (in English) ,
SimShaker and Buttkickers (in English),
SimShaker dev blog, downloads, manuals(in English).


=Andre= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 11:48 AM   #24
AussieM8
Junior Member
 
AussieM8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 85
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Andre= View Post
Hi Stuart,
just cheked it again. Link works well at my side.
I can send you the file by e-mail. Should I?
Hi Andrey

Yes please email again.

Cheers
__________________
AussieM8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 11:57 AM   #25
=Andre=
Veteran
 
=Andre='s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Volgograd, Russia, GMT+4
Posts: 2,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieM8 View Post
Hi Andrey

Yes please email again.

Cheers
OK. It's done.
__________________
SimShaker for DCS Word discussions at ED forum:
SimShaker and JetSeats (in English) ,
SimShaker and Buttkickers (in English),
SimShaker dev blog, downloads, manuals(in English).


=Andre= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 12:55 PM   #26
Kuky
Veteran
 
Kuky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: SYD, Australia
Posts: 9,567
Default

I've installed the SimShaker for DCS and SimShaker Sound Module. I have connected my buttkicker to secondary sound card (ASUS Xonar DX) and DCS is using default sound card (Creative SB X-Fi). I can't get any sound in Buttkicker.

I have tried connecting it to Sub/Center output, and main speaker output. When I have headphones connected to front channel output, I can hear the test sound on left channel, but I don't get anything on buttkicker.

I might be doing something wrong and if yes, I have no idea what.

By the way, while having headphones connected to front channel, and sellecting 2 Transducers Number option to test sound play, I still hear the test sound only on left channel... nothing on right (but should be on both, right?)
__________________
No longer active in DCS...

Last edited by Kuky; 06-13-2015 at 01:01 PM.
Kuky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 01:10 PM   #27
=Andre=
Veteran
 
=Andre='s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Volgograd, Russia, GMT+4
Posts: 2,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuky View Post
I've installed the SimShaker for DCS and SimShaker Sound Module. I have connected my buttkicker to secondary sound card (ASUS Xonar DX) and DCS is using default sound card (Creative SB X-Fi). I can't get any sound in Buttkicker.

I have tried connecting it to Sub/Center output, and main speaker output. When I have headphones connected to front channel output, I can hear the test sound on left channel, but I don't get anything on buttkicker.

I might be doing something wrong and if yes, I have no idea what.
Have you selected ASUS Xonar DX at Sound Module dropdown?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuky View Post
By the way, while having headphones connected to front channel, and sellecting 2 Transducers Number option to test sound play, I still hear the test sound only on left channel... nothing on right (but should be on both, right?)
This is normal in current version, don't worry about it.
__________________
SimShaker for DCS Word discussions at ED forum:
SimShaker and JetSeats (in English) ,
SimShaker and Buttkickers (in English),
SimShaker dev blog, downloads, manuals(in English).


=Andre= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 01:15 PM   #28
Kuky
Veteran
 
Kuky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: SYD, Australia
Posts: 9,567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Andre= View Post
Have you selected ASUS Xonar DX at Sound Module dropdown?
Yes I have.

I got the test sound to work now, I changed the RCA connector on the Buttkicker from red to white (meaning from right to left channel), and now it works (test sound that is). But I still don't get any effects in Buttkicker in DCS (I tried both tester and public version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Andre= View Post
This is normal in current version, don't worry about it.
OK

One question: Is GAIN % at 0 default sound level and I don't have to increase it?

EDIT: I get a feeling I am supposed to enable lua export (which I haven't done). Maybe that's why it doesn't work in DCS?
__________________
No longer active in DCS...

Last edited by Kuky; 06-13-2015 at 01:18 PM.
Kuky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 01:25 PM   #29
hannibal
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,729
Default

i saw this thread, and my jaw dropped!

i run a seat that has a buttkicker LFE and aura shaker.

i have an elaborate setup where standard audio goes to an audio interface into a cross over (low pass), next into a multiplexer to split the signal (with no db loss) into two amps that power the Buttkicker and aura respectively.

using the standard audio sucks because i hate when people talk in teamspeak, my chair vibrates.

i look forward to testing with you guys once i complete my controller mods.
wow! keep working on this, this type of program is needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*update*
in the future i would like to make a controller that resembles the spade grip of a minigun/ M2 browning.
i would be intended for door gunners on the uh-1 or mi-8
should belsimtek decide to formalize dedicated doorgun axis controls that would be separate from the camera view axis, i would embark on building this (although people say check off the trackIR option, so i can look around indpendantly from thegunsight of the doorgun)
i had a thought of incorporating a Shaker on this controller, and it would be awesome to channel the appropriate sounds so it feels like im using a doorgun...

Last edited by hannibal; 06-13-2015 at 01:32 PM.
hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 01:26 PM   #30
=Andre=
Veteran
 
=Andre='s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Volgograd, Russia, GMT+4
Posts: 2,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuky View Post
Yes I have.

I got the test sound to work now, I changed the RCA connector on the Buttkicker from red to white (meaning from right to left channel), and now it works (test sound that is). But I still don't get any effects in Buttkicker in DCS (I tried both tester and public version)
I've just published Sound Module update with both left and right channels playing at Test Sound Play. Sorry for inconvenience.



Quote:
One question: Is GAIN % at 0 default sound level and I don't have to increase it?
I don't understand the question, sorry.

Quote:
EDIT: I get a feeling I am supposed to enable lua export (which I haven't done). Maybe that's why it doesn't work in DCS?
Yes, lua export is mandatory for SimShaker to work. Please, have a look at debug info window (SimShaker --> View --> Show Debug Info). Can you see any activity there?
__________________
SimShaker for DCS Word discussions at ED forum:
SimShaker and JetSeats (in English) ,
SimShaker and Buttkickers (in English),
SimShaker dev blog, downloads, manuals(in English).


=Andre= is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:20 AM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.