Humble Afterburner Request

Fercyful

Please add an "A" (little in white or something similar) to the mini-hud (rctrl+enter) so we know that the afterburner is active. Other planes has a lamp or info panel at cockpit to inform about the afterburner. I don't have a WH hotas that can be tweaked for the afterburner activation zone. Many thanks!

The only thing you need is nozzle position, fuel flow and noise. That is for real the way to tell the AB is on in most aircraft. AFAIK, F-16 and F/A-18 are like that.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I wish there was some sort of sound for this, so that it would change a bit louder or something. It could be disabled from the special -tab for realism or something.

Anyway, as a workaround, the fuelflow increases pretty much when AB is on and vice versa, so that's a good indication for now...

I wonder, in some older planes (like Mig-21) they kept record how many total hours the engine had AB on, because it meant earlier maintenance or something, i think Hornet is not restricted like that because there is no indicator for AB in the cockpit?

I wish there was some sort of sound for this, so that it would change a bit louder or something. It could be disabled from the special -tab for realism or something.

+1,000. A (optional) click as the stop is hit, to represent the pilot irl feeling the stop. Please.

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

The best indication would be a throttle with FFB that can simulate detents dynamically by altering friction force at given points. But Microsoft and Logitech rather keep sitting on their paytents instead of making the sim world a bit better. And because of that, no other company might even try building such pieces of hardware since they'd definately get sued.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

The only notification I get in the cockpit is the rapid increase in speed. There's no real increase in sound, and sure I can glance down at the engine display, but unlike real life where I could (presumably) just glance down with my eyes I have to go completely heads down on a computer monitor.

Fuel flow doesn't tell you either because it doesn't add the extra FF from the burners...

I'm sure I saw something like 10,000 PPH at MIL and 15,000 PPH at full afterburner.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

• 11 months later...

I know this is an old post, but I am new to F/A-18 DCS and have a question. I have both F/A-18 DCS and F-14 DCS. In the F-14 when I go into afterburner there is a definate increase in engine rumble as well as you can actually see the vibratory effect on the cockpit.

But in the F/A-18 when it goes into after burning there is no sense of transition other than looking at the gauges. If this is the way it is "real life" then I am fine with it. Any real-life experienced pilots can comment?

I did read this post from a real life pilot:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=214849

And it said the sound was great, but I just want to get a 2nd opinion.

The only thing you need is nozzle position, fuel flow and noise. That is for real the way to tell the AB is on in most aircraft. AFAIK, F-16 and F/A-18 are like that.

In the real aircraft you can feel a bump when you move the throttle into afterburner zone.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Already in RCtrl + Enter view

Pointless to ask for redundancy.

Already in the view a horizontal line which is separate the afterburner mode.

We also have afterburner detent, and finger lift.

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD

As I found myself creeping into afterburners all the time I bound a switch in my HOTAS to the finger lifts and set the throttle detent to always. Now I can comfortably switch on for take off or if I need burners in flight, without worrying that I am going to burn excessive fuel during cruise.

I dug into the file structure for the F/A-18 in my DCS directory where all the sounds are kept for the plane. I found one named afterburner. When played (outside of dcs) it is a heavy, roaring sound.

My take on it is it is the after burner sound that was suppose to be for the F/A-18, but is not working yet.

I dug into the file structure for the F/A-18 in my DCS directory where all the sounds are kept for the plane. I found one named afterburner. When played (outside of dcs) it is a heavy, roaring sound.

My take on it is it is the after burner sound that was suppose to be for the F/A-18, but is not working yet.

You sure that's not the external sound? Just sounds different in game as its played along side other sounds.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk