Disembarking Airborne Troops on ship

DynamicROFL

Hi all,

I am trying to make a mission where the player will, using a utility helo, embark troops and then take them to a ship (a carrier in this instance) and then the units will disembark.

It seems that troops will not disembark on a carrier, so I am now trying to make it so the troops embark the player's helo but when the player lands on the carrier, the troop group will deactivate, thus emptying the helo's cargo and displaying a "you did it!" message.

However I can't figure out a good set of triggers to get this to work reliably. I have tried using UNIT INSIDE MOVING ZONE and attaching the zone to the carrier but it didn't work. I have tried using UNIT flight parameters (VERTICAL SPEED, ALTITUDE HIGHER/LOWER THAN, etc) but this also has not worked it seems.

Does anyone have any practical suggestions on how to get this reliably working? Please don't suggest MOOSE, CTLD, or anything of the sort. I have spent hours trying to work with them and understand them and I always come up short. It's much easier for me to just work through triggers--maybe later I will get to understanding those things.

Thank you!

Hi all,

I am trying to make a mission where the player will, using a utility helo, embark troops and then take them to a ship (a carrier in this instance) and then the units will disembark.

It seems that troops will not disembark on a carrier, so I am now trying to make it so the troops embark the player's helo but when the player lands on the carrier, the troop group will deactivate, thus emptying the helo's cargo and displaying a "you did it!" message.

However I can't figure out a good set of triggers to get this to work reliably. I have tried using UNIT INSIDE MOVING ZONE and attaching the zone to the carrier but it didn't work. I have tried using UNIT flight parameters (VERTICAL SPEED, ALTITUDE HIGHER/LOWER THAN, etc) but this also has not worked it seems.

Does anyone have any practical suggestions on how to get this reliably working? Please don't suggest MOOSE, CTLD, or anything of the sort. I have spent hours trying to work with them and understand them and I always come up short. It's much easier for me to just work through triggers--maybe later I will get to understanding those things.

Thank you!

Combination of "altitude lower than 150" (feet or m MSL?) with "speed below 1 m/sec" should work on the carrier. You can add "vertical speed below 1 m/sec" if you want. the chance you hover that precise is not very likely, so it's the best you can do without scripts, I think.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)