[NOT A BUG] F/A-18C Started sounding a bit weird ... ww2 prop ? - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2019, 11:50 AM   #11
26-J39

Seems strange that no one has ever heard this sound on any RL flybys? No RL pilots have ever said "oh yeah i hear this lil prop rumble when my wingman is at my 4 or 5 o'c @ 400kts.. It's just this elusive "oh yeah that's realistic modeling of RL".
Doesn't sit well with me. And it's not a 400 kts thing, the sounds increases in frequency as you accelerate up to 500kts. ( not sure where it stops/ or if it does as i have not tested that recently)

Anyway i digress as it doesn't really bother me, what bothers me is how quickly people jump on the "its realistic" bandwagon when there is nothing true to life to back it up.
Old 05-17-2019, 12:07 PM   #12
launchedsquid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQkSp7Rg4Qk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcgZTYk5aqQ&t=14s

The howl is real.

Last edited by launchedsquid; 05-17-2019 at 12:09 PM.
Old 05-17-2019, 12:28 PM   #13
G B

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26-J39 View Post
Seems strange that no one has ever heard this sound on any RL flybys? No RL pilots have ever said "oh yeah i hear this lil prop rumble when my wingman is at my 4 or 5 o'c @ 400kts.. It's just this elusive "oh yeah that's realistic modeling of RL".
Doesn't sit well with me. And it's not a 400 kts thing, the sounds increases in frequency as you accelerate up to 500kts. ( not sure where it stops/ or if it does as i have not tested that recently)

Anyway i digress as it doesn't really bother me, what bothers me is how quickly people jump on the "its realistic" bandwagon when there is nothing true to life to back it up.
It is real. And it does pick up above 400 knots. It is by far most pronounced from inside the cockpit.
Old 05-17-2019, 04:46 PM   #14
Lex Talionis

Quote:

.. it is a thing.
Old 05-17-2019, 10:49 PM   #15
victorlima01

Quote:

How about 2 rw Hornet pilots in this very forum who just said that it's modeled correctly? I understand where you're coming from, but in this specific case two real Hornet pilots just answered it for you.
Old 05-17-2019, 11:16 PM   #16
26-J39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
Pretty subjective to weather it is accurate in the game however. Given the only way to know how it "should be" is by recording the sound, externally from the cockpit, transition from 350ish kts to 400, in flight.

That is NOT confirmation of a turbo prop sound. I understand the howl and whine of the F/A-18, i have seen many fly-bys/ displays. I just question the TURBO PROP sound.
Closed Thread