Just love her! But... - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-24-2019, 05:38 AM   #1
buspelle

Default Just love her! But...

Amazing and awesome little bird this I-16! And hats of to the developers!
But I wonder is there any way to make this plane even more easy to take of and land?
I know, the "take off assist", etc, but for me, only with the CH-yoke and no pedals, how in the world do I get her to taxi? take off and land? in a more, maybe "unrealistic" way, but in a way that does not end up in skidding of the runway, ground-loops etc, etc. How??? Please, is there a sort of "cfg" that I can manipulate with, or... anything?
Love this bird, but this starts get a bit frustrating, really. So please, Dear developer, or anyone else out there who might have the "trick", give a hint, tips, trick, what ever! Just make me be able to fly this (or, fly is not the problem, but the rest of it is...)
Thanks again for this lovley little sweetey, but make her more "easy" for "idiots" like me...
Best regards
Per
buspelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 06:02 AM   #2
alado

if you do not have pedals, assign a key to the rudder
alado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 06:15 AM   #3
buspelle

I have tried that, as well as assign the rudder to the "mixture" (the lever centered for "straight" rudder and the lever forward for "rigth" rudder and backward for left rudder...) but there is almost impossible to get it to work, what ever I do. With or without "takeoff assist) I have the "Dora", the "Spit" they are difficult, but nothing comapre to this. Is there no "way around" for this? Its starts to get a bit "boring" to fail ever 9/10 of takeoffs and landings... I excpected this bird was going to be tuff, but not like this...
Old 05-24-2019, 05:20 PM   #4
rogonaut

shes a hard nut for me even with rudder pedals.

for taxi tapping the brakes is the way to go. for landing, just take her down as slow as possible and almost stall her to the ground. using rudder with keyboard is definatly hard so consider buying some cheap ones in future. it really adds up to the immerison and controllability.
rogonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 07:23 AM   #5
msalama
Veteran

Quote:
but make her more "easy" for "idiots" like me...
Meaning sacrifice realism for playability? No ruddy way.
Old 05-25-2019, 08:56 AM   #6
mr_mojo97

The Spitfire has something similar - easy rudder for take offs iirc. So maybe the devs can incorporate something similar in the Specials tab for those who are beginning with the module.
MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |
mr_mojo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 09:14 AM   #7
buspelle

"Meaning sacrifice realism for playability?"
...Meaning exactley what mr_mojo97 wrote...
Not "sacrifice" anything, just make her more "fun" and easy to handle during start/takeoff
At this point, 9/10 takeoffs/landings are "hit and miss" Mostley miss...
And I am sure that I am not the only one to wish for that OG could bring some us "easy handling" optinon for the nest update.
Old 05-25-2019, 12:30 PM   #8
msalama
Veteran

There is an easy handling option already, use that if you have to. But don't demand dumbing down the plane because you can't handle it. Purchase a rudder pedal set instead and practice.
Old 05-25-2019, 03:46 PM   #9
fencible

It is an unfortunate fact that 'tail-draggers' are all difficult to taxi in DCS and in real life. My good friend is life-long glider pilot and glider tow-plane pilot. He has flown many glider tugs that were tail-draggers over the years, and when I showed him the DCS spitfire he was highly impressed with it's realism, including the difficulties with ground handling and landing without ground-looping. He said 'yes - that behaviour is correct'. Sorry - I highly recommend that you get rudder pedals to fly these very realistic DCS warbirds, and then practice patiently and watch the helpful youtube tutorial videos. You will eventually become an expert.

Last edited by fencible; 05-25-2019 at 03:49 PM.
fencible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 04:46 PM   #10
buspelle

Dear msalama.
...Who says anything about dumbing down the plane? Not me for sure. I only expressed a tiny wish for a "beginners handling" choice from OG, as an option. Thats all, nothing else. So read me correctley please.