MP RIO CTD entering runway

mattag08

As the title says, multiple members of my squadron have all experienced an identical bug. When playing as a RIO in multiplayer, upon entering the runway DCS will experience an error and the crash dialogue box will appear (e.g. it is not a hard crash straight to desktop). It is occurring at approximately the time that the ATC options normally appear and/or you get an ATC notification about taking off on the runway. I suspect the dialog box or ATC could be related. At least 4 people have all had an identical crash playing as RIOs.

I was able to restart the game and join in to the backseat again as a RIO with no further issues.

Flying the DCS: F-14B from Heatblur Simulations with Carrier Strike Group 2 and the VF-154 Black Knights!

I also own: Ka-50 2, A-10C, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F-86F, CA, Mig-15bis, Mig-21bis, F/A-18C, L-39, F-5E, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-16C, Mig-19P, JF-17, C-101, and CEII

We've had exactly the same situation in yesterday's training. We've had a flight of 3 Tomcats taking off from Senaki. Upon entry to the RW09, everyone in the backseat had some kind of CTD. In my case there was no crash dialogue but the game froze and I had to kill the DCS process.

Upon re-entry in the cockpit I've experienced de-sync issues. The most annoying one was that the UHF1 radio froze on one frequency for me in the back seat.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

My human RIO had this occur twice last night on the current Open Beta build. Airport was Kutaisi, initially we thought it might be something to do with the Auto wing sweep, but the 2nd crash only brakes/throttle/stick were being used.

After reconnecting various desync issues occurred, first time the RIO could see the wings full forwards when they were aft, the next time he was seeing the landing gear down when they were up.

FWIW, I've tried reproducing this in MP (human pilot and human RIO) at various airports and with various radio calls (ranging from neither slot doing anything and just receiving the default automatic DCS ATC progression from taxi onto runway and takeoff, to doing various ATC request/replies from both pilot and RIO) and so far have not had any crashes, using latest openbeta release (from a day or two ago).

I guess there must be something unique to the crashes others are experiencing here, so would really appreciate a crash log.

Heatblur Simulations

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Same here. RIO gets a CTD as soon as we roll onto the runway at Kutaisi (haven't tried other airports). I attached the mission where it happened.

Edit: Maximus was my RIO who crashed.

CoopTraining2.miz

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I guess there must be something unique to the crashes others are experiencing here, so would really appreciate a crash log.

Same here. RIO gets a CTD as soon as we roll onto the runway at Kutaisi (haven't tried other airports).

poor RIO here. Tried it yesterday and today multiple times. When we roll onto the runway my game crashes and ask me to send a report.

my last 4 crashlogs are attached. hopefully it helps you.

dcs.log-20190426-161710.zip

dcs.log-20190426-160328.zip

dcs.log-20190425-212659.zip

dcs.log-20190425-211202.zip

And here's the crash log :)

dcs.log-20190426-191008.zip

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

Good to know, came looking for a reason, was Kutaisi, RIO only, as soon as entered the runway. I had the feeling it was ATC messaging related because I don't know many things other than the ATC firing when entering the runway only. Looking forward to the patch.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Cobra, could you please confirm, weather the fix made to the today's patch or not?

I checked the dcs log after updating to version 2.5.4.30386, but I can't really see any reference to the Tomcat being updated :helpsmilie: :cry:

Cobra, could you please confirm, weather the fix made to the today's patch or not?

I checked the dcs log after updating to version 2.5.4.30386, but I can't really see any reference to the Tomcat being updated :helpsmilie: :cry:

Even then you could have noticed... :)

"MP. Fixed crash on the taxi in the multiseater aircraft."

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

The core DCS change log appears to mention this, expect it to be fixed by ED. I know the change logs are nto well detailed but;

MP. Fixed crash on the taxi in the multiseater aircraft.

Is what I think this is. Will see soon enough.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I checked the dcs log after updating to version 2.5.4.30386, but I can't really see any reference to the Tomcat being updated

The bug effected the C-101CC, etc. as well, it wasn't F-14B specific

DCS 2.5.4.30386 Open Beta > DCS World

• MP. Fixed crash on the taxi in the multiseater aircraft.

Note: I've still to test the new build.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080