Uncommanded deadzone - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-15-2019, 03:25 PM   #1
Freakmeister51

Default Uncommanded deadzone

I have noticed that all my modules have a dead zone in pitch and roll. I have used the calibration program within windows and checked the control input using Target Script Editor, both programs show good control movements but within DCS there is a delay between the joystick being moved and the in-game flight controls moving. Does anyone else have this problem and is there a possible fix
Freakmeister51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 06:01 PM   #2
Svsmokey

Check the "axis tuning" menu in DCS control setuup ?

"Hold my beer"
Svsmokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 01:49 PM   #3
Freakmeister51

I've tried that. I have set all my control dead zones to zero, it still does it, on most modules too. Have considered reloading all my modules but don't really want to, what do you think?
Old 06-17-2019, 03:59 PM   #4
Svsmokey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakmeister51 View Post
I've tried that. I have set all my control dead zones to zero, it still does it, on most modules too. Have considered reloading all my modules but don't really want to, what do you think?
Are you running Target or binding only in DCS ? If the latter , i would consider making sure Target is not auto-starting , and if necessary , clear all bindings in DCS & redo . PITA , but less so than re-downloading all the modules . You can also check Saved Games > DCS>Config>input for clues as to what's going on . Or if you don't mind re-binding , delete the entire input folder . DCS will rebuild it on the next startup , or via the "repair" function .

"Hold my beer"
Svsmokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 02:50 AM   #5
Freakmeister51

I only use target for checking my controls to see if they are functioning correctly but I will check the auto start function first. I will then check the bindings folder next. Thanks for the advice, I will keep you posted on the result if that is ok?