Interview with Oculus Jason Rubin at E3

dburne

Can’t get this link to work, I keep getting a Wordpress error

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Doesn't sound good for Rift 2.0 . Guess Oculus has lost me...

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Link works ok for me.

Shame Oculus dumped high end VR, however I can see their point of view. We buy the Mercedes end of VR, whereas most people will buy Ford.

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Not exactly new info but Rubin is at least being honest, so credit for that. As previously said can't fault the business judgment either. Those of us that are pissed Index didn't release at a price a couple hundred higher and go 2k screens, or that are irritated DCS can't utilize 16 threads are not exactly a large ecosystem. If we want content, somebody's got to make a Nintendo 64 for VR. As good as knuckles look, at $300 for controllers, they aren't going to be it.

What pisses me off is the money I have in the Oculus store. Again, can't fault the business decision, but I bought into the Oculus that was a pioneer. When Iribe left, Rift 2 was cancelled, and the "race to the bottom" quote came out the writing was on the wall. But before that they were a different company. They were late on touch and room scale but they killed it with tech that wasn't even designed for it. I thought we'd be in Half Dome like Rift 2's by now, not debating whether a HMD built by HP is as good as Vavle's, disappointed by the most recent Rift, built by Lenovo.

The virtual desktop thing on Quest, the no rift s exclusives (must support Quest), all proof that Oculus is spending billions to create a Apple store like VR walled garden... Maybe its good for content, but not the experience, and not small devs. I have thoroughly converted to the house of Valve.

I really dislike facebook

just a dude who probably doesn't know what he's talking about

Link works ok for me.

Shame Oculus dumped high end VR, however I can see their point of view. We buy the Mercedes end of VR, whereas most people will buy Ford.

More like the Robin Reliant of VR :)

DCS needs...

tenor.gif?itemid=11143478

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

agreed. and i don’t mind paying more for the Mercedes, i just wish the Mercedes alternatives worked as well as the Ford.

they want 100 million "console" owners buying expensive content.

and a few PC guys to test it all..

and DCS will never be a game they want because it wont port to a console.

I think im going to have to jump off this ship :)

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.