Total Beginner. Some basic advice. Graphics and Version Choice

grrg

Hi

So I cant be more of a beginner, please have some patience with me lol. Ive finally found time to get back into gaming, I've never really played PC games just PS2 back in the day. lol.

So I have signed up to the forum after searching online for a couple of days, without finding the info I understand. There's so much out there I'm lost. I love this game already though, I've picked up basic SU25-T controls easily and want to learn more.

I have downloaded and installed from the alpha, beta and 2.0 locations, and now have the DCS World, DCS World 2 open alpha, and DCS World multiplayer shortcuts on my desktop. I guess this was an accident, i got excited and thought i needed them all. Do i need them alll?

I can run DCS World shortcut and all options in the first menu work (ie. training, missions etc.). Training runs smoothly with clear graphics and controls, but trying to load even just quick missions where target labels appear on screen makes the game play jump and graphics slow and average.

My computer is meant to be ok for DCS:

- Win 7 Home

- AMD FX -6100 six core 3.3GHz

- 8g Ram

- AMD RAdeon HD 6670

- its running off only a slow normal HHD tho, my primary SSD is full, but i intend to buy a dedicated SSD hardrive for this game after xmas.

Is this issue with jumping game play because the computer cant handle it, or because I dont have it set up right? Any advice on what I might need to do? I'm a beginner when it comes to even graphic setups on a PC, not sure where to start, or whether playing this game is useless on my computer even though it apparently passes the needed specifications....

Then when I load from the DCS world 2 open alpha short cut, I get the warning that i dont own a terrain, and I have no option to fly missions or training, they are blanked out. Does this mean I have to buy a module or something? Why does the first shortcut work but not 2.0? Ive read that 2.0 may work better with AMD multiple cores or something?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, I realise I have no idea whats going on. Howeve couldnt find an actual beginners forum. lol.

Thanks for any help, even a push in the right direction will be appreciated. This game seems like what Ive been missing for years, at the moment I love how involved it seems.

Cheers

G:pilotfly:

For 2.0, only the Nevada/NTTR terrain is availble. 2.0 uses a new map engine so the black sea map is currently being upgraded to it but it is not out yet. Most people are currently flying on 1.5 as it is pretty much stable and the performance is improved over 1.2