IFR & VFR Real Charts - Page 9 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-30-2013, 01:36 PM   #81
xatu miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulrkiii View Post
We're working on instrument approach charts as well as standard departure charts. Once they're completed they will be released to the public.
Glad to hear that. DCS World is in need of such documentation. Roughly in how many percent are you done with those charts?
Old 03-31-2013, 11:25 PM   #82
Zenra

Quote:
We're working on instrument approach charts as well as standard departure charts. Once they're completed they will be released to the public.
Great thread here and thanks to all who have contributed.

Looking forward to the mod - as one poster pointed out flying is a huge part of this and a part I enjoy as much as the combat. Having the means to follow real world procedures makes it all just that much more real, at least for me.

Keep up the good work!
Old 03-31-2013, 11:40 PM   #83
sorcer3r

Great stuff and thanks for all your work!

Maybe someone is already working on VFR charts for Hue... helicopters?
Old 09-28-2013, 03:49 PM   #84
Zaz0

Quote:
No news about this paulrkiii?

thnks!
Old 09-28-2013, 04:16 PM   #85
Eddie
Veteran

Still WiP. It takes a long time to turn out the approach and departure charts.], especially when they have to be made from scratch in most cases as there are no real world charts to use as a base. This means that the procedure has to be developed in line with real world IFR rules etc, before it can be charted.

Although the charts for the current theatres might not be released as we've had to make a few modifications to the sim (TACAN, ILS, and ATC frequencies) to allow for realistic charts and procedures. So without those mods (which would likely prevent people flying on public servers) the current charts would not be valid.

Hopefully that'll change with future theatres and we'll be able to release our charts, and much faster as well. Nevada should be quite easy as we have the real world charts to start with.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:36 PM   #86
Zaz0

Thanks Eddie for the fast answer

I understand the difficulty, at Escuadron 69we're trying to edit & fly realistics missions and I was looking for user-made ones, because I know only Batumi, Tbilisi & Kutaisi has real ones... well, we'll made provisional ones

thank you & 476th vFG for this and others greats works

Tags
charts, ifr, ils, navigation, tacan