F-18 Appreciation thread

Nightstorm

Certainly +1 toall that's said here.

The journey with the DCS Hornet from prepurchase until now was so amazing.

ED did a great job involving everybody here in the forum.

I always repeat: Is there an example out there for such a commitment like ED's, giving us arm chair hot shots a similar air combat sim experience?

I'd so much like to have the TGP or other systems finished rather sooner than later as well, like many here. But slow and steady wins the race. I had been waiting for 15 years to get this plane. A few weeks more or less won't matter anymore, and I dump so much time in flying it already, it must be good even without all the toys. Add to that that I still need lots of practice in AAR even with VR, and doing ordinary CASE recoveries... wouldn't even need the Vulcan for that. This module is a blast already.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

It's been a long journey getting this plane in DCS, so I am grateful for the developers accomplishments. The VR experience for the F-18 is on another level that there not enough words to describe. I still can't believe what we are getting out of DCS as whole. It is a simulator like no other right now!

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

This so much!

I’m getting so tired of al the complaining about the TGP and ground radar while the F18 is already an awesome plane! I love it!

To the devs: please take your time to make it the best it can be rather than rush to please the negative whiners...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

When I grew up in the 60's/70's our house was in the landing flight path of USN Moffet Field. 364 days a year that meant the drone of the P3 Orion sub hunters flying overhead...but...once a year it meant the Blue Angels! I'd climb up on our roof to watch the show. My favorite part was always the last delta pass...gear/flaps/hook...low and slow so close I thought I could touch them. By the 80's I was living in San Jose but always went back home so I could climb on the roof and watch the show. The 1st time I saw a Blue Angels F-18 Hornet I thought it was the baddest bird I ever saw.

Fast forward a couple decades...

Began flight sims with the YF-23 Black Widow of JetFighter II...then the Su27 of Flanker 1.0 to the Su33 of Flaming Cliffs. Loved all 3 of those birds...but...I really always wanted to fly the F-18...and now I am!

Thanks ED for making my dream of flying the Hornet a reality, keep up the great work :thumbup:

Alienware Area-51M: i7-9700K, 165Hz 27" ASUS Swift PG279 IPS with G-SYNC, 32GB DDR4 Ram, 1TB M.2 PCie x4 SSD, 1TB SSHD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6, Windows 10, CH Eclipse...

Check out my fictional F/A 18-C Hornet and Su33 Flanker skins at: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=WytchCrypt&set_filter=Y

The Blue Angels were awesome today as usual! Great day for an air show. I was paying close attention the sounds of the jets ;) Now to look at the mods that are available and see what combination works out the best.

There was an F35A demo too. I was fairly impressed at the capabilities of that aircraft. It certainly didn't seem to be a slouch in any aspect that I could tell. And the 148th Bull Dogs put on a demo with a pair of Vipers. Beautiful jets and an a great day :D