Summer sale is OVER when it turns to the 14th? HUH?

Usually when somebody says a sale is going UNTIL a date it's still on sale until the end of that date. Even if you go by ED's main HQ location it's STILL the 14th (in fact it's middle of the day right now). The summer sale was suppose to be going UNTIL the 14th. Well it's the 14th and it's over. To me that would mean it lasted UNTIL the 13th not the 14th.

I was about to buy something.. but nope.. not now. Don't want it for full price. Sorry ED.. you have weird idea about how dates work. Now I'm just not going to bother even when it's on sale later. I'll have other things to spend my money on then. Your loss. Be more clear about dates maybe?

WTF? The Gazelle was just on sale.. now it's not. The other modules ARE STILL ON SALE.

Nope, planes are off sale as well.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/2019-06-21_SALE/

and to define how UNTIL is used in the English language:

https://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/does-until-include-the-date

So yes, it INCLUDES said date I would say unless otherwise stated. Very misleading to say until the 14th and end it on the 13th. For that I am not purchasing it anymore. Sorry... screw that. Not even on the next sale. Just don't care anymore..

• ED Team

Hi

Sorry if you feel there has been a miss-understanding.

Can I suggest you contact support directly

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

The same discussion after every single sale. Someone waits til the last moments and misses the sale due to misunderstandings.

Maybe ED should consider giving a time early in the day in their announcements - say for example 'Sale lasts until 14.7. 8:00 UTC.'

That way nobody will expect the sale to run until midnight in whatever timezone. On the other hand if it lasts a couple of hours longer than the given time it hurts nobody and noone will care or be disappointed.

Edited by spiddx

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

• ED Team

I would assume as the ED offices are in Moscow, it would be GMT +3

I will pass on the feedback to the team.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I was about to buy something.. but nope.. not now. Don't want it for full price. Sorry ED.. you have weird idea about how dates work. Now I'm just not going to bother even when it's on sale later. I'll have other things to spend my money on then. Your loss. Be more clear about dates maybe?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3976779&postcount=3

.. you must be new here, as this happens on every sale :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Usually when somebody says a sale is going UNTIL a date it's still on sale until the end of that date. Even if you go by ED's main HQ location it's STILL the 14th (in fact it's middle of the day right now). The summer sale was suppose to be going UNTIL the 14th. Well it's the 14th and it's over. To me that would mean it lasted UNTIL the 13th not the 14th.

:doh::doh::doh:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/2019-06-21_SALE/

and to define how UNTIL is used in the English language:

https://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/does-until-include-the-date

So yes, it INCLUDES said date I would say unless otherwise stated. Very misleading to say until the 14th and end it on the 13th. For that I am not purchasing it anymore. Sorry... screw that. Not even on the next sale. Just don't care anymore..

Take a breath! It's a sale FFS!

Glad the sale is over. It was getting harder to resist grabbing spitfire and the the Normandy bundle. My wallet is safe now.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - LOW EXPERIENCE - ABANDONED

Very misleading to say until the 14th and end it on the 13th. For that I am not purchasing it anymore. Sorry... screw that. Not even on the next sale

so you rolled the dice and lost, and now you’re upset?

you had days and days and days and days to pull the trigger....

But customers are from all over the world.

UTC is the logical choice.

You can't use Google to convert timezones for something that's of interest to you? Because I sure can. What's better you only have to do it once then you will forever know after that.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Saturday (the 13th), I decide to have a look at DCS (I'd been away for a long time) to see what's new. A sale!!! Ok, so I do some research on what might be interesting to purchase and after many hours, I have 2 items in my shopping cart.

It's late and I'm tired but the sale ends on the 14th, no problem, so I go to bed. I get up the next morning (on the site at 7AM EDST) and the products are still there, except they are now full price.

You can see where I'm going with this. Well, out of pure spite, I went and bought the only product that had zero discount during the sale, the Tomcat. Serves you right DCS! :D