Warthog Shkval slew

ebabil

Hi guys,

Shkval slew with warthog ministick is pain. I tried some user curves but still tooooo fast.

How can i reduce its speed? i can not slew targets properly

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

yeah it is. i used to use ch throttle and it was fine. now i am in pain

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

I tried giving it some deadzone.It helped, but not sure it is quite what I want. I just bought my Warthog about a month ago, and I am still learning and setting it up. I am considering moving it to the thumb hat it has a press function also.

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You need to adjust the saturation (IIRC in X channel) and then apply some manual curves to make it two stepped by speed (like from first to second last as value 20 and then last two as 50 or so).

Idea is that about 80-90% of the range it is slow and then in the edge of the scale you get higher speed for faster movement.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

You need to adjust the saturation (IIRC in X channel) and then apply some manual curves to make it two stepped by speed (like from first to second last as value 20 and then last two as 50 or so).

Idea is that about 80-90% of the range it is slow and then in the edge of the scale you get higher speed for faster movement.

Yup this. Also the deltasim upgrade is well worth it. Otherwise use the Hat to slew.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Deltasim looks expensive just for a button. Can you share your curve settings?

Youtube

I spent hours tweaking the curves and it didn't help, but I think I figured out the problem ... which is kinda hard to explain.

In short: the Shkval doesn't directly use the curves you set in the options, but has an additional layer. Around the center it has its own deadzone and beyond that it starts with a minimum speed (which is still way to fast).

Hard to explain, but you can try this to see for yourself:

Reset the curves and only adjust the saturation to like 70%. Now go into the sim and take note how much you have to move the stick for the Shkval to slew at all.

Get back into the options and apply a curve as well. You'll have to move the stick further for the Shkval to start slewing, but when it does the speed will be the same.

Makes sense?

I'm using a TM Cougar and the microstick is still in almost perfect condition. Using it in any other module is perfectly smooth without adjusting the axis settings.

It's not a hardware issue, it's how the Shkval slew axes are coded. Hope they finally fix that for BS3.

I have it at:

Deadzone 10

Sat Y 50

Curve 25

Last time I used it is a while ago though, but I settled with that. Still have it on the stick's hat as well and just a few days ago I just used that since I was used to having it that way. Totally forgot about the TMWH slew thingy...

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I use both the warthog mini stick (upgraded) for major slews AND a hat switch for precise targeting. Sucks but its the way it is.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

is this issue reported so we get a slew fix with the upcoming update?

don't know but it should be. ıf we can slew with ministick on litening, lantirn, maverick etc. we should be able to do it also with shkval

Youtube

• 4 weeks later...

This would be a really nice quality of life upgrade for the KA-50 refresh, right now I have my saturation so low that slewing at 7x is painfully slow but at 23x it's WAY too fast.

Devils Canyon i7 4790K @ 4.9GHz |16gb DDR3 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 860 EVO

Thrustmaster Warthog | Virpil WarBRD | Virpil TM-50CM2 Grip | VKB-Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV | Acer X34A (21:9) | Oculus Rift S

A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-14A/B | F-5E | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | SA342 | Spitfire LF Mk IX | UH-1H

I ended up using it for quick slewing and one of the 4-way hats for tiny adjustments.

This is exactly what I do with the X65F, and then I also use the ministick with registry hack thing when in autoturn for yaw control now with Flight Director off... more precise than my pedals and I get actual real semblance of heading hold stability, unlike the weak as heck SAS axis authority that’s practically useless. I find my right thumb on the stick hat and the pickle button can work the optics just fine for slow stuff, even though it's still not as precise for locking onto an adversary Cobra as I'd like.

X65 and X52, Glide, Winx3D, and GlovePIE Profiles http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=reticuli&CatID=miscmisc

http://library.avsim.net/register.php

X52 + Silicone Grease = JOY stick