Shahdoh's maneuvers

baylor703

What is this maneuver called in Shahdoh's video? It's timestamped here:

His mastery of the craft is excellent, and I'm trying to mimic that maneuver. I can get vertical and maintain it nearly to a standstill by using the rudders and watching the wings, but the way he gets the nose down immediately after is lost on me. Any tips?

Looks like he just let it free fall and figure itself out, couldn't see any movement in the tail on the way down. Right rudder was used increasingly as speed decreased in the climb. He started dropping his flaps before he was at a standstill or started falling though. Cutting throttle can also bring your nose to the center. That's just what I see in the video, though

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Emmy covered it pretty well (airspeed was around 350 prior to the pull) and Magic Zach seen that I indeed started to put the flaps out before the stall. I also was put the gear down at the same time when the airspeed was appropriate. This helped create the drag for the vertical descent which was right over the end of the runway (about 3000-3500 feet). That and the hard slip kept my airspeed low enough, and then touched down at about 120 mph.

Thanks for the kind words, that routine was a lot of fun to fly.