KA50 cannon not working after 2.5.5

Just after the 2.5.5 update, I started playing a bit with the ka50 (especially before we get that cockpit update) and I tried the usual cannon routine, lock up something, press C, and turn the helo so that the target is in the big rectangle on the hud but I get the no shoot indication (the big cross), and when I look externally I see that the cannon is clearly too depressed to shoot where I want it to shoot.

I've still been playing the ka50 for two days and the cannon always has the same issue, it won't shoot because the cannon depresses itself instead of aiming on the locked target, I can still shoot if I put the cannon in fixed mode but it's clearly auto mode I'm using 99% of the time.

I don't know if it's a bug or if there was an update that added a step for using the cannon in the auto mode but it's without doubt after the 2.5.5 update something changed, if it's a bug then I may hope that it's gonna be fixed in this weeks open beta update.

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

Mine still works correctly

i7 6700k/GTX1070-8G/MSI-Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon/32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3000MHZ Vengeance 1600/TM Warthog #6106/Samsung SB350_S27B350H/OCZ Agility3 SSD 128GB / Win10-64/TIR5

Do you get a valid laser range to your locked target?

Yes, just as always, I mean, all I'm saying is that before 2.5.5 I could use the cannon with no problems but after the update I got the issue mentioned before, thanks for the reply anyway :thumbup:

Just after the 2.5.5 update, I started playing a bit with the ka50 (especially before we get that cockpit update) and I tried the usual cannon routine, lock up something, press C, and turn the helo so that the target is in the big rectangle on the hud but I get the no shoot indication (the big cross), and when I look externally I see that the cannon is clearly too depressed to shoot where I want it to shoot.

You have the laser turned On?

I noticed a odd behavior or bug in 2.5.5 with Vikhr and Cannon.

I have laser On and I fly at 500m altitude at 90km/h, locking on to a target at 3km and the Skhval range the range to 0.1 kilometers and I can't get a launch permission because I am too close. The targeting circle does exactly same thing as does the TOO bug (Target Of Opportunity) in the AV-8B harrier.

In that aircraft, Where when you press TOO the DMT should mark ground directly under you as target point, but it does mark the exact point where you are flying as target point. So when you turn around, the target point is floating in the air instead positioned to ground as altimeter radar would tell it to go.

This case in KA-50 the Shkval lock is positioned just front of me, tens of meters actually.

I was hunting that now and then appearing problem until I noticed on ABRIS that the Skhval targeting gate and range was on those moments set just front of me, regardless there was nothing between me and the target.

Relock (that initiates lazing if laser is On) longer sets the correct range and then all works right.

Cannon doesn't work in that mode because it is pointing to closest direction to the target point that was left behind.

That would explain your cannon pointing down on ground, because you fly above the point in space.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

You have the laser turned On?

I noticed a odd behavior or bug in 2.5.5 with Vikhr and Cannon.

I have laser On and I fly at 500m altitude at 90km/h, locking on to a target at 3km and the Skhval range the range to 0.1 kilometers and I can't get a launch permission because I am too close. The targeting circle does exactly same thing as does the TOO bug (Target Of Opportunity) in the AV-8B harrier.

In that aircraft, Where when you press TOO the DMT should mark ground directly under you as target point, but it does mark the exact point where you are flying as target point. So when you turn around, the target point is floating in the air instead positioned to ground as altimeter radar would tell it to go.

This case in KA-50 the Shkval lock is positioned just front of me, tens of meters actually.

I was hunting that now and then appearing problem until I noticed on ABRIS that the Skhval targeting gate and range was on those moments set just front of me, regardless there was nothing between me and the target.

Relock (that initiates lazing if laser is On) longer sets the correct range and then all works right.

Cannon doesn't work in that mode because it is pointing to closest direction to the target point that was left behind.

That would explain your cannon pointing down on ground, because you fly above the point in space.

Interesting, I kinda get it but I also kinda don't, so you are saying relock works or it doesn't work ? At least for me it doesn't work, I click on the same lock button multiple times to make sure the target is correctly lased and the cannon still points down.

So do you know how to overcome this issue ?

I am having the same issue as the OP. The cannon doesn't track for me after 2.5.5. I can fire Vikhr's without issue, but if I switch to the cannon it will not track the target. I CAN fire the cannon in a fixed position free fire mode, but if I try to use the Skhval/Laser it fires from the cannons fixed position but will not track. After about 3 seconds I get the big X and the cannon wont fire. Also If I just lock and laze a target and leave it alone it gives me the big x after 3 seconds as well. I have flipped just about every switch and no luck.

Sorry, meant to post back here earlier. My cannon is working fine, though it does appear to be having a hard time either hitting or doing damage. I spammed the crap out of an AH-1W the other day at close range, locked with the Shkval. Hit it, hit it, hit it. It put a burst into me, killing me, and then flew on by with what looked like no damage. I'll have to try this again, later.

I've been gunning the shit out stuff all day long with the new update. And Its about the only weapon on the K50 I can use well.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Against anything heavier than a jeep or very light APC, you should try the 80mm rockets. They're a little tricky. I can't remember whether you aim slightly high or low, but it's one of those. The pipper is kind of off. Lase near the target to get the pipper in correct range if your using manual. Good manual standoff weapon against the tanks and their .50 cals. Medium burst is usually the best bet to get a hit.

I am having the same issue as the OP. The cannon doesn't track for me after 2.5.5. I can fire Vikhr's without issue, but if I switch to the cannon it will not track the target. I CAN fire the cannon in a fixed position free fire mode, but if I try to use the Skhval/Laser it fires from the cannons fixed position but will not track. After about 3 seconds I get the big X and the cannon wont fire. Also If I just lock and laze a target and leave it alone it gives me the big x after 3 seconds as well. I have flipped just about every switch and no luck.

I'm sorry for the very late response but it's exactly my issue, Vikhr's work but the cannon's don't track and after 3 seconds a big X appears, also if you look externally the cannon is way too depressed to hit anything so this is the issue, sorry again and thanks for the comment

Against anything heavier than a jeep or very light APC, you should try the 80mm rockets. They're a little tricky. I can't remember whether you aim slightly high or low, but it's one of those. The pipper is kind of off. Lase near the target to get the pipper in correct range if your using manual. Good manual standoff weapon against the tanks and their .50 cals. Medium burst is usually the best bet to get a hit.

Yes, thanks for the tip, I indeed use the rockets quite a lot in fact and I'm getting pretty good with them, I use them usually if there's a convoy or a couple of lightly armored targets I'm flying over and sometimes I try them from a greater range with the laser lock and they work okay, but I'd still say that for me the gun is more useful, for example if I want to hit single lightly armored target easily, the gun is the way to go, also if I spot a manpad from far away, and he doesn't see me, I won't waste a vihkr missile and I won't really try using the s8 rockets either, but the gun is the prefect tool for such a job.

I could go on and on about the uses of the gun for me but it's simply the ease of use and how well it can work that makes it an ideal weapon for a lot of situations.

But let's not deviate from the thread subject, my gun isn't working and that's the problem, I could use only s8 rockets but why should I if the gun is intended to work ? I think I'll report this bug seeing that someone else also had the exact same problem, anyway, thanks a lot for the comment and I hope you have a nice day :thumbup:

Here's my experience with the bug. The cannon tracks the designated target just fine, but when I pull the trigger the round fires as if the cannon was pointed straight ahead. I watched it from an external view and again, the cannon tracks, but check this out, the muzzle blast appears as if the cannon was in the straight-ahead position.

shch70B.png

Here's my experience with the bug. The cannon tracks the designated target just fine, but when I pull the trigger the round fires as if the cannon was pointed straight ahead. I watched it from an external view and again, the cannon tracks, but check this out, the muzzle blast appears as if the cannon was in the straight-ahead position.

shch70B.png

I see, well my cannon doesn't work and here are some screenshots

6is6f8i.png

20tqxkx.png

Edited by notproplayer3

Update:

OK so the problem, at least for me, is the same as has been the source of numerous problems with the 2.5.5 branch. Seems some mod or other is causing the Shark cannon to be in-op. Don't know which one, but I turned off all the non-Eagle Dynamics mods and now my cannon is putting rounds on target as would be expected.

5fqd8hD.png

I don't know which mod in particular is causing the problem...

More 2.5.5/mod incompatibility :(

Edited by XtraChrisP
Forgot to add picture

Update:

OK so the problem, at least for me, is the same as has been the source of numerous problems with the 2.5.5 branch. Seems some mod or other is causing the Shark cannon to be in-op. Don't know which one, but I turned off all the non-Eagle Dynamics mods and now my cannon is putting rounds on target as would be expected.

I don't know which mod in particular is causing the problem...

More 2.5.5/mod incompatibility :(

Why didn't I think about that, it was totally the issue, thanks a lot for pointing that out

No offence, but: :doh:

It happens, I know, but when several people go through the trouble of trying for your problem and say they can't recreate, please mention if you use mods.

That's why I said I really didn't think of it, I must have installed these mods years ago and never used them since, also it never crossed my mind to mention them. But thanks, for future issues I'll be sure to not forget about that