Fighting the Spitfire - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-27-2019, 03:43 AM   #11
Snapage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf8312 View Post
Do these tactics have any hope of success against the AI? Or am I wasting my time? Can't seem to shake them in a 190 (D or A) and I try to follow this advice, diving low to gain speed advantage and then extending gradually. Always ends in my death!
Does not work vs AI, AI don't obay the laws of physics. They can do things that are impossible. You should be able to extend away from the AI in a D9 but thats about it. If the AI is in a plane that turns tighter then you you generally cant beat them. I personally think that flying vs players is the only way to go, with the exception of AI bombers.

Try flying on the Burning skies server if your interested in PvP. Warbirds of prey server is a mix of AI and players, you try there to.
Snapage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 08:24 PM   #12
Wolf8312

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapage View Post
Does not work vs AI, AI don't obay the laws of physics. They can do things that are impossible. You should be able to extend away from the AI in a D9 but thats about it. If the AI is in a plane that turns tighter then you you generally cant beat them. I personally think that flying vs players is the only way to go, with the exception of AI bombers.

Try flying on the Burning skies server if your interested in PvP. Warbirds of prey server is a mix of AI and players, you try there to.
Unfortunately in VR I am not sure the performance is quite there yet. Also seems to be hard to find servers with many people where I'm at, and is sometimes frustrating to even find a server. At the moment I can see 'severs 3 players 3'! All players in different servers and none of which seem to be WW2...
The 190 is basically a no go in SP, because although I can get a kill in it, I can't escape anything it's a brick! I know AI can degrade performance but I don't understand why the pursuing AI can not be slowed or its shooting acurracy decreased some. Guess it would have a butterfly effect, but its very annoying, as it makes the whole thing a game of paper scissors stone, albeit with pretty much nothing being able to beat the spitfire, and pretty much everything able to kill the 190's.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-H,1080Ti OC edition, i7-8770k 5ghz, 1 T SSD, 16GB DDR4 3200, HTC VIVE, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, Gametrix JETSEAT, Voice attack

Last edited by Wolf8312; 06-27-2019 at 08:40 PM.
Wolf8312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 09:44 PM   #13
No.119_Bruv (VK-B)

Hi Wolf,

The burning skies server has been a bit hit and miss the last couple of days (unsure as to why) but it was up this evening and normally has 10-40 human players. Primetime being euro evening. It runs the Caucaus map so you may be missing it if your searching Normandy.

Not sure how VR handles the icon settings in there as its hard enough with a normal setup .

As for turning with Spits this is the one and only advantage it has so I would hope you wouldn't turn inside well.

Last edited by No.119_Bruv (VK-B); 06-27-2019 at 09:50 PM.
No.119_Bruv (VK-B) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 06:30 AM   #14
grafspee

if spit is flown poorly bf-109 can turn inside but if you meet good spit pilot you cant. if spit is on tail he can very easy cut turn in even if he slower it will catch you in turn
grafspee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 09:02 AM   #15
Snapage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf8312 View Post
Unfortunately in VR I am not sure the performance is quite there yet. Also seems to be hard to find servers with many people where I'm at, and is sometimes frustrating to even find a server. At the moment I can see 'severs 3 players 3'! All players in different servers and none of which seem to be WW2...
The 190 is basically a no go in SP, because although I can get a kill in it, I can't escape anything it's a brick! I know AI can degrade performance but I don't understand why the pursuing AI can not be slowed or its shooting acurracy decreased some. Guess it would have a butterfly effect, but its very annoying, as it makes the whole thing a game of paper scissors stone, albeit with pretty much nothing being able to beat the spitfire, and pretty much everything able to kill the 190's.

I don't know what time zone your in but you should be able to fly on burning skies when its populated. Its most popular on the weekend during European afternoon/evening time. But usually Americans start joining when the Europeans start leaving and it stays alive for a while. I seriously recommend trying multiplayer, it's a lot of fun.

Make sure you are running DCS Open Beta, it's the version everyone plays and make sure DCS is updated. Also as No.119_Bruv (VK-B) pointed out, Burning Skies uses the Caucauses map.

I highly recommend flying PvP, it's great fun. Even better flying with other people.
Snapage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 10:15 PM   #16
Catseye

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingme View Post
Depending on the speed and alt, the K4 can turn better than the Spit, the 'secret' is to always use the vertical and the engine power.

Sent from my Redmi 5 using Tapatalk

Which Spit?

You refer to the K4 but don't refer to which Spit with which you are referring.

Also, at what altitude? Design features make one superior over the other at different altitudes.

They both in general, have different jobs. So please be specific!
Catseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 04:09 PM   #17
lockoned

It is true,that AI any plane MK ix or Bf109 better anyway.I am checking in company,single mission.Need to say developeres about it for diminish AI for more real
lockoned is offline   Reply With Quote