Normandy and Assets pack - confused! - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-07-2019, 09:06 PM   #1
ntreacy

Default Normandy and Assets pack - confused!

Just purchased Normand and Assets pack and to be honest I think I am missing something;
There are no missions
No training
No campaign
The mustang is fun to fly but no weapons. Not even offered at loadout
I downloaded a mission from user files only to find myself flying over Normandy against Migs! and no weapons!
It also states that it comes with a Bomber B-17 but I cannot see.

Is it because I am playing DCS Open Beta 2.5?

Feel I have wasted my money!
ntreacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 10:35 PM   #2
Boomer20

Have you purchased the Mustang? You may be flying the TF-51D that comes with the base game that has no weapons.

Missions on the Normandy map will be found under the particular aircraft your wanting to fly and the B-17 is AI only.
Boomer20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 06:28 AM   #4
QuiGon
Veteran

You don't need to buy campaigns though. You can just use the mission editor to create your own missions or download user made missions from the forum/website. There are also the generic Instant Action missions already included in the game. You need to buy a WW2 aircraft first though, because the asset pack only contains AI units.

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 01:23 PM   #5
71st_AH Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntreacy View Post
Just purchased Normand and Assets pack and to be honest I think I am missing something;
There are no missions
No training
No campaign
The mustang is fun to fly but no weapons. Not even offered at loadout
I downloaded a mission from user files only to find myself flying over Normandy against Migs! and no weapons!
It also states that it comes with a Bomber B-17 but I cannot see.

Is it because I am playing DCS Open Beta 2.5?

Feel I have wasted my money!
I think you have misunderstood the description in the e-shop.

Maps do not come with missions, campaigns or training missions. These all come to a varying degree with aircraft modules, there are paid campaigns as well.

The Assets Pack only contains AI vehs including the B-17 to use in missions or campaigns that you or someone else built or paid one that you bought. If you have the Combined Arms module as well, they promise that we will be able to drive the vehicles (not aircraft) and probably aim the Anti-aircraft guns someday.

Training for Sabre Pilots
http://1-fighter-otu.enjin.com/

http://www.il2aceshigh.com/
71st_AH Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 01:43 PM   #6
fbrad76

Is it posible to use FC3 or F14 in Normandy? I was born in Le Havre and it would be great to fly over my house with my Tomcat !!
fbrad76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 02:01 PM   #7
Boomer20

All modules can be used on any map. Personally I really enjoy low level flying the F15 around Normandy, the sense of speed gets the adrenaline pumping and I don't even use VR.
Boomer20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:50 PM   #8
CBStu

Default I am w/ the OP

During the sale I bought the Persian Gulf map and the Normandy-Assets pack. Already own the FA18 and Mustang. Fly the FA18 in PG and there are maybe 15 new missions added to the list I already have in Caucusus. Cool. So then I go to Normandy in the P51. First it is set many months after the invasion so what is there to do at that time? I was thinking to fly the P51 to be able to help w/ the advance through France. Guess not. Second, there are maybe 5 missions. Takeoff, land, free flight and I forget the other two. So I do free flight and land immediately so I can get armed w/ gun ammo and 10 rockets. Take off and try to find a train to take out. There is nothing moving anywhere other than a few other P51s. So why do we get 15 usefull missions w/ the PG map and 5 nearly useless ones w/ Normandy?
CBStu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 06:59 AM   #9
QuiGon
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBStu View Post
During the sale I bought the Persian Gulf map and the Normandy-Assets pack. Already own the FA18 and Mustang. Fly the FA18 in PG and there are maybe 15 new missions added to the list I already have in Caucusus. Cool. So then I go to Normandy in the P51. First it is set many months after the invasion so what is there to do at that time? I was thinking to fly the P51 to be able to help w/ the advance through France. Guess not. Second, there are maybe 5 missions. Takeoff, land, free flight and I forget the other two. So I do free flight and land immediately so I can get armed w/ gun ammo and 10 rockets. Take off and try to find a train to take out. There is nothing moving anywhere other than a few other P51s. So why do we get 15 usefull missions w/ the PG map and 5 nearly useless ones w/ Normandy?
You might want to check out these:
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...s/p-51d_tbnob/
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...wood_campaign/

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 02:45 PM   #10
CBStu

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGon View Post
Thank you. I don't mind spending a little more and these are inexpensive so I will buy one or both of them. I was just surprised at the difference between Normandy and PG.
CBStu is offline   Reply With Quote