Which Black Hog Controller Layout for DCS?

Hi guys, here is Ruben from BlackHog.

I´m sorry if it gave the impression that we are silent, extremely busy for sure, that I can tell you. :)

Here is the June update: https://www.black-hog.com/2019/06/15/project-update-june-2019/

And some information we shared in social media: https://www.facebook.com/blackhogcontrollers/

We are preparing a new update for next week. While trying to focus in production most of our time, we should remember to keep updating you guys more often.

We know it is hard to wait for such a long time, that´s why we are even more grateful than ever to everyone that supports us. At the same time we don't forget for a moment, that patience is not unlimited. I´m sorry we have accumulated so much delay in the delivery.

Good news, is that we have all the materials to fulfill every single order, so at least we had that covered.

I wanted to stop by and guarantee that we will deliver every single order. With a limited funding we can´t afford to bring more hands to production like a bigger company could, we are scaling our resources progressively. But we are giving everything we have every day.

We are available at any time, we are here and we are not going anywhere. :) There are plenty of plans for the future as well, but first we have to do right with every one that supported us with their purchases.

Thank you all guys, regards!

Ruben

The latest information can be found in the blog, social media and also subscribing to the newsletter:

https://www.black-hog.com/blog/

https://www.facebook.com/blackhogcontrollers/

http://www.black-hog.com/subscribe/

Edited by jinx_nk

Hi guys, here is Ruben from BlackHog.

Thanks for updating us on the situation. Looking forward to receiving my controller in the not too distant future (hopefully!)

System: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz | Asus Sabertooth Z170 S Motherboard | Gigabyte RTX2080Ti GAMING OC 11GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) @ 3200 MHz | Corsair RMi Series RM650i | DCS Installation Drive: 1TB WD Blue M.2 SSD | HP Reverb Pro

Sim Controls: VKB Gunfighter MkIII MCG Pro | LH VKB Kosmosima | Pro Flight Trainer Helicopter Collective | VPC Mongoos MT-50 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals | 2 X Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | 2 X Elgato Stream Decks (15 Keys)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For that much money you can buy a Leo Bodnar board a bunch of switches and a box and home brew it to suit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

• 3 months later...

Labels should reflect what button the OS actually identify the axis and or button as.

Would speed up binding quite a bit, and as for playing I'm in VR and labels don't really matter much at all.

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2900Mhz, 1080ti, CV1

Virpil MT-50\Delta, MFG Crosswind, Warthog Throttle, Virptil Mongoost-50 throttle.

Still waiting for mine...

It's been nearly 10 months since I ordered it now :cry:

System: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz | Asus Sabertooth Z170 S Motherboard | Gigabyte RTX2080Ti GAMING OC 11GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) @ 3200 MHz | Corsair RMi Series RM650i | DCS Installation Drive: 1TB WD Blue M.2 SSD | HP Reverb Pro

Sim Controls: VKB Gunfighter MkIII MCG Pro | LH VKB Kosmosima | Pro Flight Trainer Helicopter Collective | VPC Mongoos MT-50 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals | 2 X Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | 2 X Elgato Stream Decks (15 Keys)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...
Still waiting for mine...

It's been nearly 10 months since I ordered it now :cry:

Huncher, did you receive it yet??? No way I would buy one knowing I'd have to wait 10 MONTHS!

And now a Year? :cry:

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Pretty meh controllers. You guys would be better off just rigging up your own.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

Huncher, did you receive it yet??? No way I would buy one knowing I'd have to wait 10 MONTHS!

And now a Year? :cry:

Quite coincidental that you asked me that, because out of the blue yesterday I finally received it!

I really have no idea why it took so long (just over a year!) to be delivered as some people appeared to receive their order after only 3 months.

Anyway, I am looking forward to testing it out and will be posting my impressions on YouTube in the near future.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I’m still waiting for mine, March order. Not too happy about it.

EDIT: Well, mine came in today. So there's hope for others lol.

Edited by Supmua

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

• 2 weeks later...

Which Black Hog Controller Layout for DCS?

Botonera_fondo_transparente_recortada_mini.jpg

BlackHog Controller Early Impressions

I've recently received this unit after a long wait (preordered March 2019), and have almost completely forgotten about this device.

It is finally here and so here are my first impressions.

Look and feel:

Having had a few button boxes from various places, I can tell at first glance that this one is in a league of its own. It is very well built, and the craftsmanship is top-tier. The box is solid metal, the layout is well-designed and doesn't scream DIY. The entire unit is very sturdy and feels solid like a rock when I tried to squeeze/bend/compress, etc. Mine comes with the extension mount for Monstertech since I plan to use it with their Flight Stand setup. The top compartment could house a phone or small tablet, which is a neat addition. There are four potential mounting spots on the box itself depending on your needs--back, bottom, and two sides.

Switches:

My model has 6 Axes, 4 double Toggle Switches and 8 extra Buttons. The buttons are springy and doesn't click, but feel the same as any quality buttons out there. The four toggle switches don't stick, meaning they will bounce back to the original positions--this is different from the typical toggle switches on the Warthog throttle.

The axis input is the highlight of this unit, at least for me. With 4 sliders and 2 dials, I can do lots with it and I mean lots. With a good external app such as Joystick Gremlin, one axis input can turn into multiple buttons/switches/dials. For example, I can easily convert a slider input in to a 3-way flap switch, a 2-way landing gear, or turn a dial axis into a 5-way dial buttons.

Software:

There is none. The unit is treated as a generic Windows controller device, which means it is compatible with everything out there. Of course, advanced users will want to use their controller software of choice.

Price:

At 190 Euro, this isn't the best bang for the bucks and quite far from it. There're far less expensive options on ebay or other websites. Having owned several of similar button boxes (including Logitech Flight switches), however, I can tell you that the BlackHog probably would still be my go to device in the long run; mostly due to craftsmanship, flexibility of mounting options, switch inputs, and ease of use (requires no special software).

Bummer:

It doesn't come with USB cable. Fortunately, I have several unused USB printer cables so I was able to use it right away.

2c74a285ebdb9bcd0c38d0bcb1832c42.jpg

3e8c147337f635dbd3ebeeecb2811f1d.jpg

Edited by Supmua

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

In agreement with @Supmua the build quality is top notch and the extra buttons, switches and dials will be very useful for DCS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just ordered the b model

Good luck with your order, hopefully it won't take a year to arrive!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 8 months later...

Has anyone brought the model C?

Also does anyone know what the turn around is for a UK order?

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

I ordered a C model on Dec 3rd. Their site says to expect 8-12 weeks for delivery so I'm hoping I get mine in the next few weeks.

Did yours arrive and have you got any pictures with it mounted ?

Any issues with it?

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

On second thoughts...I think i'll wait on the b-fighter M

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers but I am waiting for the release of the b-fighter M:thumbup:

I posted a link to the sneak video above

• Like 1

Cheers but I am waiting for the release of the b-fighter M:thumbup:

I posted a link to the sneak video above

As Tomcat Pilot I am pretty unsatisfied that Heatblur didn’t implement potentiometers and instead uses key bindings for increase and decrease of lights, volumes and radios!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk