VEAO & Hawk discussion (please mind the forum rules) - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2018, 03:27 PM   #11
FZG_Immel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
We felt that people buying within this period wouldn't have had much of a chance to enjoy the module within DCS World before it was removed. People previous to that have had it for quite some time, and as its really out of ED's hands as VEAO is unwilling to allow the continued support, we don't have many more options, it's not realistic to give a refund on funds that mostly went to another team, if that makes any sense.

We didn't want to remove it and did what we could to try and get what we needed to continue support.
Thank you for answer. much appreciated!

I still feel like ED, even if not directly at fault, should make a gesture to ALL their customers, because after all, that product was purchased on their page, under their responsibility. I have less fault than ED in debacle.

VEAO screwed up ? Indeed/ but VEAO was ED partner. Not mine. Its not only fair that YOUR customer take the hit.

But as the dude said, that's only my opinion..
Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - ZOTAC 2080ti AMP Extreme Core - Cougar FSSB + Cougar NN_Dan + HOTAS Warthog + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedals - Track IR5
Old 12-28-2018, 03:28 PM   #12
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZQuickSilverZ View Post
I have to tell you this "solution" of yours makes me feel left out in the cold. It benefits everyone but your customers.
Not sure how you think this benefits us at all? This is a crappy situation we have all been thrust into. We are doing our best with what we have been dealt with, and learning from it to move forward.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 12-28-2018, 03:29 PM   #13
FZG_Immel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZQuickSilverZ View Post
"Given this unfortunate situation, we will fully refund all Hawk customers that purchased the module starting from 1 October 2018. If you wish a full refund, please enter a support request here.

For those that purchased the Hawk prior to 1 October 2018, will continue to make DCS World 2.5.3 available, such that you can still fly the Hawk."

How big of them.

I have to tell you this "solution" of yours makes me feel left out in the cold. It benefits everyone but your customers.

How about prior customers ( before 1 Oct 2018 ) get a voucher for 10 dollars off their next purchase?
That is exactly how I feel/

Especially given the fact that I as a trustee customer, having bought all DcS modules, some of them more than once for gifts.
Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - ZOTAC 2080ti AMP Extreme Core - Cougar FSSB + Cougar NN_Dan + HOTAS Warthog + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedals - Track IR5

Last edited by FZG_Immel; 12-28-2018 at 03:33 PM.
Old 12-28-2018, 03:29 PM   #14
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZG_Immel View Post
Thank you for answer. much appreciated!

I still feel like ED, even if not directly at fault, should make a gesture to ALL their customers, because after all, that product was purchased on their page, under their responsibility. I have less fault than ED in debacle.

VEAO screwed up ? Indeed/ but VEAO was ED partner. Not mine. Its not only fair that YOUR customer take the hit.

But as the dude said, that's only my opinion..

I understand what you are saying, but we are all taking a hit on this, and while the Hawk isnt available for future versions, it is still available if you really need to take it out for a spin. Its a rock and a hard place we are stuck in.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 12-28-2018, 03:30 PM   #15
FZG_Immel

Quote:
Not sure how you think this benefits us at all? This is a crappy situation we have all been thrust into. We are doing our best with what we have been dealt with, and learning from it to move forward.
Not losing anything seems like a benefit, when we lost 15$ , at best
Old 12-28-2018, 03:31 PM   #16
joca133

I never enjoyed the hawk, purchased in may 2015. This decision does not make me a happy customer either. Lesson learned, no more pre-purchases. A bonus to use as discount towards other modules would be appreciated for this undelivered product.
Old 12-28-2018, 03:31 PM   #17
drPhibes

Pure speculation:
The October 1st cut off date could for instance be that ED still has the money paid for purchases of the module after this date. None of us know the contract terms between ED and the 3rd party devs (and frankly, it's none of our business), but it isn't that unlikely that the devs receive their money for module sales in set intervals (e.g. monthly, quarterly etc), with certain end-of-contract terms regarding transfer of funds.
Old 12-28-2018, 03:33 PM   #18
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZG_Immel View Post
Not losing anything seems like a benefit, when we lost 15$ , at best
But it's not lost completely, we also lost the ability to sell the Hawk, and like it or not we lose some confidence with all of you because of this. It's a hard knock on us all. I mean even personally it's hard coming here and giving this kind of news. We certainly wanted a better outcome.
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 12-28-2018, 03:40 PM   #19
FZG_Immel

Quote:
But it's not lost completely, we also lost the ability to sell the Hawk, and like it or not we lose some confidence with all of you because of this. It's a hard knock on us all. I mean even personally it's hard coming here and giving this kind of news. We certainly wanted a better outcome.
Let's be honest here.

No serious player is going to maintain a 2.5.3 version just to fly the hawk.. especially given that it won't work with current online servers.

Even if I wanted to, I would not have enough SSD space left with both the open beta and current release version installed already.

I'll be completely honest though. Since may 2015 and my purchase I may have flown the hawk maybe 5 times... I was always hoping that it would be upgraded with something else than a SFM...

But I would certainly have appreciated ED just not telling its customers to take the hit... as I said. Even a small bonus would have been appreciated. It's not about the money. It's not about value of the plane. It's about the gesture. It's about telling your customers there has been an issue we were not guilty of, but we take some responsibilities for it, and you will not only be losers here.

Anyway. I appreciated you taking the time to answer me, and I apologize to you for not following the rules with my first thread/ my anger wasn't directed at ED though.

Ps: I haven't lost any confidence in anyone but VEAO and the clowns who managed it.
Old 12-28-2018, 03:49 PM   #20
OperatorJack+
Posting Rights Suspended

Quote:
We felt that people buying within this period wouldn't have had much of a chance to enjoy the module within DCS World before it was removed. People previous to that have had it for quite some time,

I completely understand that ED can't be giving money to disgruntled customers that VEAO left in the dust to begin with, but ED did set a precedent for cleaning up other 3rd party messes with DCS WWII.

Also it's a huge implication that there was anything to enjoy about the Hawk to begin with, I bought it in 2015 and have probably flown it less than an hour in the entirety of the 3/4 years I had it.

Tags
hawk disabled, hawk withdrawn, return my hawk