Pikey
Veteran

very neat rows of soldiers like that!
Pikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:46 AM   #23
zaelu
Veteran

Sounds very promising. Remembers me of IL-2 online wars

I5 4670k, 16GB, GTX1070, G940HOTAS extremely modded with Bodnar0836X and a wooden case (really!)
zaelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 12:20 PM   #24
beppe_goodoldrebel

This system reminds me the Dynamic Campaign of Falcon 4 but turn based and with better use of the ground forces.

I don't quite understand 2 things:
- you can do one attack at time and the game use only the units involved in that "battle" or it's in a much larger scale where you have multiple "battles" going?
- you said you can use aircraft in a specific battle , so you can frag a package with different mission ( CAS , SEAD , DEAD , BAI , INTERCEPTION , etc ) ?
beppe_goodoldrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 01:04 PM   #25
Wunderwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe_goodoldrebel View Post
This system reminds me the Dynamic Campaign of Falcon 4 but turn based and with better use of the ground forces.

I don't quite understand 2 things:
- you can do one attack at time and the game use only the units involved in that "battle" or it's in a much larger scale where you have multiple "battles" going?
- you said you can use aircraft in a specific battle , so you can frag a package with different mission ( CAS , SEAD , DEAD , BAI , INTERCEPTION , etc ) ?
Hello beppe,

1. in your turn you may declare multiple attacks depending you have enough fuel,ammo. (In current implementation, you would declare them yet still sequentially.)
Ground Units may participate only in one fight during your turn. The single "DCS-Mission" will probably mostly be in a smaller scale. Its all about one "destination" conflict-zone.

2. you can always assign aircraft to an attack on an conflict zone, when ur ground forces invading that zone from a neighboring conflict-zone. You may additionaly "attack" any conflict-zone with aircrafts only. What exactly u do with your aircrafts in those "attacks" is absolutely up to you.
(imho depends on what you load on to the aircraft and which aircraft u let participate.)

I'll show it in more detail as soon as i'm ready to show it. :-)

P.S. oh ... and ... as the 'defender' you may assign aircrafts to that mission as well, of course.

regards,
der Wolf

Last edited by Wunderwolf; 04-16-2018 at 04:39 PM.
Wunderwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 02:06 AM   #26
Strut

This is very impressive Wunderwolf, it seems you have given DCS the potential for another "Great leap Forward" thanks for your efforts.

DL available skins here:
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...EATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

Spoiler:
Win10 64bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI GTX1080TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE
Strut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 03:21 AM   #27
gunterlund21

very nicely done wolf. Had a chance to get caught up on this thread. Great concept and very interested to see where this goes. Keep up the good work.

Last edited by gunterlund21; 04-17-2018 at 03:32 AM.
gunterlund21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:01 PM   #28
tn_prvteye

This looks pretty cool! I don't suppose there will be a Single-Player Vs. AI version?
tn_prvteye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:46 PM   #29
Wunderwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strut View Post
This is very impressive Wunderwolf, it seems you have given DCS the potential for another "Great leap Forward" thanks for your efforts.
Well, i hope im not the Mao Zedong of DCS !
Many thanks for your kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunterlund21 View Post
very nicely done wolf. Had a chance to get caught up on this thread. Great concept and very interested to see where this goes. Keep up the good work.
Many thanks!! I'll try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tn_prvteye View Post
This looks pretty cool! I don't suppose there will be a Single-Player Vs. AI version?
Well, unfortunately not. It would go beyond the scope (for now). But afair there is already something like a SP-dynamic-campaign-engine out there!?

Regards,
der Wolf
Wunderwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 06:07 PM   #30
tn_prvteye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunderwolf View Post

Well, unfortunately not. It would go beyond the scope (for now). But afair there is already something like a SP-dynamic-campaign-engine out there!?

Regards,
der Wolf
Thanks for the response. There's DCE, but it's still a bit limited (no offense MBOT ) It's also a big FPS hog for some of us.

Your work still looks amazing!
tn_prvteye is offline   Reply With Quote