CB's for Battery and Generator disconnect after take-off (MP) - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-20-2019, 10:01 PM   #1
LeCuvier

Default CB's for Battery and Generator disconnect after take-off (MP)

I have only experienced this in Multiplayer when I was on the server Burning Skies.
A short time after takeoff, the CB's for battery and generator pop out. I noticed this because the gun sight went dark and the trim indicator needle dropped down indicating max tail heavy. Also the guns didn't fire of course.
I had to go through several cycles of pushing the CB's back in and they popped out again immediately. This was particularly bad when it happened immediately after takeoff and she was still trimmed nose-heavy. In the end the CB's stopped playing games with me and I could fly normally.I could reproduce this several times. Unfortunately the tracks are garbage. They show me pirouetting on the ramp until she somersaults and crashes.
Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5
LeCuvier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 11:11 PM   #2
DarkRaiderss

This happened to me as well in a different multiplayer server yesterday.
DarkRaiderss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 03:49 AM   #3
MadCat1381

Happens in single player as well.
Did a small sortie on the PG map and every time I fired the guns these two CBs popped after 1 or 2 seconds.

The CB for the undercarriage (Fahrwerksbetaetigung) often comes out when trying to retract the gear as well.
MadCat1381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 10:02 AM   #4
LeCuvier

I have also experienced the phenomenon in a single player mission now.
Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5
Old 07-22-2019, 03:33 PM   #5
LeCuvier

I flew the A8 in MP on Burning Skies today, and it was totally useless. By the time I arrived at the target area the guns wouldn't fire and I found that the CB*'s were out again. Pushing them back in helped only for a couple of minutes. Instead of watching out for bandits and taking aim at my targets I was messing with the CB's.
I will now delete everything from the A8 folder and let it re-install.
Edit: I did, but has not helped. This time I flew a cold start mission and the CB for the undercarriage drive (Fahrwerksantrieb) popped out while I was retracting the gear. So I found myself flying with one gear leg retracted and one still extended. I pushed the CB back in and then that leg retracted.
This is a serious issue. The A8 is my favourite plane but now useless!

Last edited by LeCuvier; 07-22-2019 at 05:32 PM.
Old 07-23-2019, 06:09 AM   #6
Foxmike

Yes, can confirm. After last update the buttons play piano and my A8 stays parked now. Went back to Hornet and Tomcat......
Foxmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 05:46 PM   #7
LeCuvier

I have created a "band-aid" solution to mitigate the problem until ED fix it.
I modified the auto-start macro so that it now pushes all CB's in. Of course I use OvGME to replace the original "Macro_sequencies.lua" with the modified one.
I did some testing and it helps that I no longer need to look at the CB's, find the culprit and push it back in with the mouse (which means I cannot control the joystick), and all that in a hostile environment.
Old 07-30-2019, 03:55 PM   #8
LeCuvier

I'm shocked that we have no confirmation from the moderators that this issue will be addressed with some priority. The A8 is practically unusable. I flew some sorties in MP today and I had to run my macro more than 20 times before the CB's stayed ON for some time. I actually gave up counting...
Old 07-31-2019, 02:13 PM   #9
CYLON

Has this issue been fixed? It's the reason why I haven't bought the A-8 yet.
Old 07-31-2019, 05:13 PM   #10
iFoxRomeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYLON View Post
Has this issue been fixed? It's the reason why I haven't bought the A-8 yet.
Unfortunately not fixed in today´s OB
iFoxRomeo is offline   Reply With Quote